Register Now
Alexander.

Grand Theft Auto Six

I'm really excited for GTA VI but how can they improve GTA V? From a gaming perspective, GTA V is perfect. A masterpiece. How do you improve that? I don't think you can, it will most likely just be a new story and new missions on the online mode. I'm not complaining, I'd love that, but I hope Rockstar surprise us.

15 minutes ago, ARx182 said:

I'm really excited for GTA VI but how can they improve GTA V? From a gaming perspective, GTA V is perfect. A masterpiece. How do you improve that? I don't think you can, it will most likely just be a new story and new missions on the online mode. I'm not complaining, I'd love that, but I hope Rockstar surprise us.

I beg to differ, in fact haven't liked the GTA series since Vice City. San Andreas was to into its own style for me to me feel involved, so I just didn't enjoy it as much, but it's still a good game. GTA IV, however, was rubbish. Everything related to the story, from the characters to the plot was far too serious, they dumped the more arcade style gameplay for something trying to more like Gran Turismo while driving and Call of Duty while in combat and it just didn't work and the annoying way the game constantly harassed you to do it's pointless side activities was enough to drive a perfectly sane person bug shagging mad!

I will say GTA V was a massive improvement of GTA IV, but not by nearly enough for me to call it a masterpiece. The gameplay still lacks the more fun, arcade-like feel of older GTA games and it's online multiplayer is an insatiable, money munching monster. GTA Online is the reason why we're still years away from another GTA game. Rockstar are just not the same company any more and I don't trust THIS Rockstar to get it right.

1 hour ago, ARx182 said:

I can think of one improvment, get rid of the fucking Social Club!  It is the worst DRM I have ever experienced.  I recently got the game from Epic with the free offer and after downloading and installing it took me, and I'm not exaggerating,  2 HOURS just to get the game started.  On top of having to make a Social Club account (which is bullshit and I shouldn't have to do so to play the game offline in the first place) it kept asking me for a product key which I obviously didn't have since it wasn't a physical copy.  Confused, I opened a browser to link my Epic and Social Club accounts manually... which didn't work until for no obvious reason on one occasion when I logged back in, it did.  When I got past that stage I then had to log into my Social Club account and the server kept timing out, which meant I had to re-type my email, password and go through the captcha over and over and over.  It's not normal captcha either, it's that incredibly obnoxious panel one that you normally only find on dodgy pulocker streaming sites or whatever (picured below) and it wasn't one page but around a dozen pages clicking on these dumb jpeg's over and over and over and over... every... single... time!

attention-required.png

GTA V, WAS a great when I played it on console back in the day, but now it's just a showcase of Rockstar's arrogance and greed.  Forcing people to go through this hellacious process even if they don't want to play online is disgraceful.

By the time I finally got into the game menu... the nightmare STILL wasn't over as for some reason the game refused to save my graphics settings!  I got a powerfull PC that can easilly max out the game at my monitor's native 1440p resolution but each time I saved my settings and logged back into the game going through that fucking god forsaken process... AGAIN!  It would default back to 720p and 30fps lock.  By the time I actually got into the game and didn't even wanna play anymore, luckily for me the game wouldn't work with my controller for some reason so I finally gave up.  I have not played it since.

Edited by Crazycrab

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

I can think of one improvment, get rid of the fucking Social Club!  It is the worst DRM I have ever experienced.  I recently got the game from Epic with the free offer and after downloading and installing it took me, and I'm not exaggerating,  2 HOURS just to get the game started.  On top of having to make a Social Club account (which is bullshit and I shouldn't have to do so to play the game offline in the first place) it kept asking me for a product key which I obviously didn't have since it wasn't a physical copy.  Confused, I opened a browser to link my Epic and Social Club accounts manually... which didn't work until for no obvious reason on one occasion when I logged back in, it did.  When I got past that stage I then had to log into my Social Club account and the server kept timing out, which meant I had to re-type my email, password and go through the captcha over and over and over.  It's not normal captcha either, it's that incredibly obnoxious panel one that you normally only find on dodgy pulocker streaming sites or whatever (picured below) and it wasn't one page but around a dozen pages clicking on these dumb jpeg's over and over and over and over... every... single... time!

attention-required.png

GTA V, WAS a great when I played it on console back in the day, but now it's just a showcase of Rockstar's arrogance and greed.  Forcing people to go through this hellacious process even if they don't want to play online is disgraceful.

By the time I finally got into the game menu... the nightmare STILL wasn't over as for some reason the game refused to save my graphics settings!  I got a powerfull PC that can easilly max out the game at my monitor's native 1440p resolution but each time I saved my settings and logged back into the game going through that fucking god forsaken process... AGAIN!  It would default back to 720p and 30fps lock.  By the time I actually got into the game and didn't even wanna play anymore, luckily for me the game wouldn't work with my controller for some reason so I finally gave up.  I have not played it since.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I already had the regular version of the game on PC but I hadn't played online much and when Epic were offering the premium version for free, I had to take advantage. Spent hours trying to do the captcha and had to wait 3 weeks before I could actually get into the game, I haven't had the time to play thanks to the Rockstar Launcher destroying the hype for me. I heard their servers crashed, only logical explanation. 

But I meant from a gaming perspective, your issue is sort of external. The story, the online missions, personally I think it is a masterpiece.

The good thing is that they have finally confirmed that they are working on GTA 6 at least. I would assume that we will probably get a name or logo this year, a trailer next year, and hopefully the release of the actual game in 2024. Hopefully, it won't be longer than that!

I hope in GTA 6 that you can drive any saved vehicle and never lose it. That’s a major flaw in previous GTA games. I also would like a new map that’s not San Andreas, vice, or liberty. Other than that, I don’t know what else they can improve. Maybe character customization. And I hope they keep the crazy satire and keep it a bit funny. Let us blow things up in the city with tanks and choppers in regular gameplay. 

Well Starfield is coming out this year and assuming that TES6 is next up for Bethesda then from this year I'd say 4 years of full development for a 2026 release. Of course, if you consider Fallout 76 to be a proper Bethesda release and not just a stopping measure for more Starfield development time then that was a three year gap so it'll be 2025.

GTA V proper was released in 2013 and only small things and GTAO got development time and probably by smaller and newer teams with Red Dead releasing in 2018. Assuming that there has been some restructuring under Rockstar with Houser leaving and adding a f

On 5/10/2022 at 8:55 AM, kingpotato said:

We have a probable date of release 2024

I probably wouldn't get my hopes up on that one - I'd say 2025 is the best we can hope for because GTA 5 online is still making them tonnes of money so I think they'll continue to milk it for another 2-3 years.