Register Now
kingpotato

How much are you willing to spend on a smart phone ?

51 minutes ago, egghead said:

Maximum amount I ever spent on a phone was $320 two years ago. If I have to buy a new phone now, I can spend up to $500.

The highest I've spent for a smart phone is $150, which is my current device. Maybe next time I might spend double, especially the folding Samsung phone I saw here. 

On 4/5/2019 at 8:03 PM, kingpotato said:

Nowadays smartphone prices are very high, with each Iphone release going near the 1000 dollars price and thats because there are people out there willing to pay for it.
I'm not really interested in high tech smartphones, It would be nice to have a high-end phone for gaming, but the prices are to much for me. My current smartphone is the most expensive one I had, Samsung galaxy  I paid about 300 dollars for it brand new about two years ago, its not the best one out there but it gets the job done.

How much are you willing to spend on a smart phone ?

It's awful, I know. Right now I have two $40 Androids which have been pretty reliable in all honesty.. but the iPhones ($$$)...mine died but still comes back to life every now and then. Would love to get a new one, NOT a used one (made that mistake once before/phone had all kinds of problems.) I'm not willing to spend anything on an iPhone as of right now, I'm on the hunt for new laptop deals. 😉

3 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

Definitely not up to $1,500! I read that the new iPhone 14 is worth over $1,200 and I can't fail, but wonder why I should be spending that kind of money on a device when such an amount can get me a good gaming PC. 

It's worth more than $1500. It's priced ahead of one Ethereum which is crazy. There's no way in hell I would be willing to spend such a high amount of money on merely smartphone. Next year, iPhone 15 will be released making this iPhone 14 old stock!! 

My last phone costed me around $150 I believe. I forget. I can't afford to get anything at the moment. I want to eventually upgrade, because sadly phones become obsolete fast it seems. I don't even have service on my phone, I just use it around the house. 

If you're looking for a good gaming phone, I hear the newest flagship Samsung and Apple phones will do you well, but there are specifically gaming phones on the market. I believe Razer has one and I think there's another brand that makes a gaming phone, that's kinda similar to Razer, but I am forgetting their name. 

I spend my money rather recklessly, so I tend to not care about the price if I need a phone, and it's the latest model. I don't know. I'm materialistic like that, but not materialistic enough that I would buy a new iPhone everytime a new model is announced.

11 hours ago, Akun said:

I spend my money rather recklessly, so I tend to not care about the price if I need a phone, and it's the latest model. I don't know. I'm materialistic like that, but not materialistic enough that I would buy a new iPhone everytime a new model is announced.

There's a guy that does that here in my neighbourhood with his iPhone. Once a new model gets launched, he would return the older model and pay extra cash and upgrade to the new one. He doesn't use any iPhone more than 1 year. 

Edited by Heatman

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

There's a guy that does that here in my neighbourhood with his iPhone. Once a new model gets launched, he would return the older model and pay extra cash and upgrade to the new one. He doesn't use any iPhone more than 1 year. 

I don't see the point of trend-chasing unless you have friends which you could show off your phones to... which doesn't speak much about one's self-esteem anyway when someone does that.

2 minutes ago, Akun said:

I don't see the point of trend-chasing unless you have friends which you could show off your phones to... which doesn't speak much about one's self-esteem anyway when someone does that.

You're right about him being a complete show off. He prides himself on being different from the rest which I don't see any essence of it. He could have used the money in better ways but that's not in his plans. Anyways, it's his money and no one is gonna dictate to him how to spend it. I call him iPhone freak whenever we hang out.