Register Now
kingpotato

How much are you willing to spend on a smart phone ?

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The iPhone 14 is up for sale Friday (9-16-22) and is about $1,000. I'm trading in my iPhone 12 Pro, so I'm going to be getting it for about half price.

For $500 with your iPhone 12 for it, I think that it's a fair price for it by all means. I know you're going to enjoy it. 

On 9/16/2022 at 9:48 AM, Heatman said:

For $500 with your iPhone 12 for it, I think that it's a fair price for it by all means. I know you're going to enjoy it. 

First of all, I don't see much changes between iPhone 12 and the new iPhone 14 (probably because I haven't used the new one). However,  I agree that it is a fair price for anyone swapping the iPhone 12 for the iPhone 14.

On 9/25/2022 at 12:16 AM, Ajibusu said:

First of all, I don't see much changes between iPhone 12 and the new iPhone 14 (probably because I haven't used the new one). However,  I agree that it is a fair price for anyone swapping the iPhone 12 for the iPhone 14.

One of the main reasons I'm getting the 14 is because I need a physically bigger phone due to how big my hands are. The 12 Pro is a nice phone, no doubt. But due to the size of my hands, it's just not practical. And I decided that If I'm going to trade in for a Pro Max, I may as well go for the 14.

I'll be honest when it comes to a smart phone, I know I am going to have to get at least one of the latest and not too old phones so that it does run apps that I need, and I am at least up to date. I usually go for an android phone that is a little older than the latest one out and I tend to buy mine from Ebay with a 12-month warranty at the highest condition I can. I have not had any issues with buying phones this way and it's been more affordable for me to have the latest phone at a price I can afford. The latest one I have right now is the Huawei P30 Lite and I have no issues with it so far. I do feel like I will need to upgrade possibly this year though so I am looking into that.

Since I don't need my phone for anything other than internet, I can get one for under £200 that meets all my needs. 

Right now, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A21s that cost around £170 when I got it at the end of last year.

On 11/23/2022 at 7:39 PM, Kyng said:

Since I don't need my phone for anything other than internet, I can get one for under £200 that meets all my needs. 

Right now, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A21s that cost around £170 when I got it at the end of last year.

I got a Note 20 Ultra for $600 and that was like 3 months after release on sale. To this day, it's the most I'm willing to spend on a phone. $1000 is WAY too much - I can get a decent gaming laptop for that.