Register Now
killamch89

Favorite Mech Games

As a lifelong fan of the Gundam Series, Zone of the Enders and cartoons like the Transformers series, I always loved mech games. What are your favorite Mech Games of All time? Mine are the Armored Core series, Zone of the Enders and the MechAssault series for the original Xbox.

Edited by killamch89

On 8/23/2019 at 7:26 PM, skyfire said:

Anyone here played transformer series? Those game were definitely fun to play and it was a good experience with all those decepticons. 

I've played Transformers rise of the Dark Spark which was a pretty good game with a very interesting story.

11 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I've played Transformers rise of the Dark Spark which was a pretty good game with a very interesting story.

Actually I meant Transformers Fall Of Cybertron and my favorite character was Metroplex because of his introduction and his persona. The decepticons were absolutely terrified of him.

I grew up on MechWarrior, the predecessor to the MechAssault games, both of which are BattleTech products. I've been a fan of mech-related media pretty much my whole life since. My favorite of these games is MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries, particularly the MekTek release (now discontinued) which had the widest selection of mechs to play with in any of the games yet, with the possible exception of MechWarrior Online with enough content updates.

I wouldn't consider Transformers to be mech media since the Transformers themselves are not piloted, and I hesitate to even call them robots, but if they count as mechs, then Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is an honorable mention. It's my all-time favorite Transformers game. I wish the Xbox One port was still available. I want to play it again...

9 hours ago, Executor Akamia said:

I grew up on MechWarrior, the predecessor to the MechAssault games, both of which are BattleTech products. I've been a fan of mech-related media pretty much my whole life since. My favorite of these games is MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries, particularly the MekTek release (now discontinued) which had the widest selection of mechs to play with in any of the games yet, with the possible exception of MechWarrior Online with enough content updates.

I wouldn't consider Transformers to be mech media since the Transformers themselves are not piloted, and I hesitate to even call them robots, but if they count as mechs, then Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is an honorable mention. It's my all-time favorite Transformers game. I wish the Xbox One port was still available. I want to play it again...

I also have played a number of Mechwarrior games and the systems are very detailed but the slow pace of the combat is my only real issue with the games. I know it's a more realistic take with physics and all that but I prefer the fast-paced action of Armored Core, Zone Of The Enders and MechAssault (really hope they make another game).

In Transformers Fall Of Cybertron, I loved how jealous Megatron was of Optimus for having Metroplex on his team. He tried at every opportunity to destroy Metroplex because he didn't want Optimus having a bigger, more badass robot on his team.🤣🤣

Edited by killamch89

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I also have played a number of Mechwarrior games and the systems are very detailed but the slow pace of the combat is my only real issue with the games. I know it's a more realistic take with physics and all that but I prefer the fast-paced action of Armored Core, Zone Of The Enders and MechAssault (really hope they make another game).

In Transformers Fall Of Cybertron, I loved how jealous Megatron was of Optimus for having Metroplex on his team. He tried at every opportunity to destroy Metroplex because he didn't want Optimus having a bigger, more badass robot on his team.🤣🤣

Different strokes I suppose. For my part, I played MechAssault and it felt too much like an arcade game for my taste, whereas MechWarrior felt more immersive for me. Make no mistake, though; MW can definitely be fast-paced, especially when you're in a firefight against many 'Mechs at once. I kinda miss the rush of urban 'Mech combat (not to be confused with UrbanMech combat. 😜) where I'm moving from cover to cover in my Timber Wolf or Marauder, taking shots at the enemy Assault 'Mechs who think they're the kings of the battlefield.

And yeah, that was great. 😂