Register Now
killamch89

Any Mech Game fans here like me?

I grew up playing Armored Core, Mechassault and Zone of the Enders mech games and I was a huge fan of all three. However, there is a serious lack of Mech games on the market and I am looking for some good ones to play. What Mech Games are you looking forward to and can you recommend any great Mecha games available right now.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I grew up playing Armored Core, Mechassault and Zone of the Enders mech games and I was a huge fan of all three. However, there is a serious lack of Mech games on the market and I am looking for some good ones to play. What Mech Games are you looking forward to and can you recommend any great Mecha games available right now.

One Mech game that I grew up with was called Mech Warrior 2 on PC. That game took over my life for a while. It came with my PC back in the day and I loved it so much. Felt super immersive and the audio and 3D graphics were really impressive for the time.

20 hours ago, DylanC said:

One Mech game that I grew up with was called Mech Warrior 2 on PC. That game took over my life for a while. It came with my PC back in the day and I loved it so much. Felt super immersive and the audio and 3D graphics were really impressive for the time.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a sequel out now or came out a few years back. Not a fan of first-person mech games because I like to see my Mech in all its glory.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

If I'm not mistaken, there is a sequel out now or came out a few years back. Not a fan of first-person mech games because I like to see my Mech in all its glory.

Looks like it’s PC-only (not got a gaming PC atm). If it came to console I’d be all over it. 

8 hours ago, DylanC said:

Looks like it’s PC-only (not got a gaming PC atm). If it came to console I’d be all over it. 

Ah! You should at least get a mid-range gaming PC because you are missing out on the excellence that is PC gaming.

Just now, killamch89 said:

Ah! You should at least get a mid-range gaming PC because you are missing out on the excellence that is PC gaming.

Aye, I had a decent PC for a while but it's sadly bitten the dust. I do have a MacBook air but I try not to game on it (it can run FTL so I'm happy). May possibly pick one up sometime in the future.

1 minute ago, DylanC said:

Aye, I had a decent PC for a while but it's sadly bitten the dust. I do have a MacBook air but I try not to game on it (it can run FTL so I'm happy). May possibly pick one up sometime in the future.

Or try to build one - it works out cheaper and much better in the long run. Pre-built PCs always come with these strange warranty policies and don't get me started on when you actually want to get your machine repaired/upgraded.

Or try to build one - it works out cheaper and much better in the long run. Pre-built PCs always come with these strange warranty policies and don't get me started on when you actually want to get your machine repaired/upgraded.

Yeah, that's a good tip. My last one was pre-built. Will bear that in mind when I start looking for PCs to buy.

1 minute ago, DylanC said:

Ha, of course! PC parts 🤣

Have you ever played Armored Core on the PlayStation1-3 maybe 4? It's a brilliant Mech game with an exhausting amount of customizations for mechs but it is realistic in that you have to factor in weapon weight, mech energy output etc.

Have you ever played Armored Core on the PlayStation1-3 maybe 4? It's a brilliant Mech game with an exhausting amount of customizations for mechs but it is realistic in that you have to factor in weapon weight, mech energy output etc.

No, I haven't played an Armored Core game before. I've heard of the series, though. Pretty sure it's developed by FromSoftware, the same dev behind Dark Souls and Bloodborne. 

12 minutes ago, DylanC said:

No, I haven't played an Armored Core game before. I've heard of the series, though. Pretty sure it's developed by FromSoftware, the same dev behind Dark Souls and Bloodborne. 

Yeah, you should give it a go - you'd be amazed at what you have been missing all these years. It's a solid franchise and is the most popular mech game franchise to date.

16 hours ago, jonbones said:

Front Mission games were amazing, and I'd kill for a new big-budget Switch release.

Feels like it makes a ton of sense - they could even throw in some PvP to suit the MP nature of the console.

I think they have a new game coming out named Last Alive that is set in the Front Mission Universe so I am looking out for that.