Register Now
DylanC

The Matrix Almost Starred Sandra Bullock As A Female Neo

I think the character needed someone who could play a dry attitude. I don't see Sandra Bullock or Will Smith being able to pull that off. Also if Sandra Bullock had gotten the role, does that mean that Trinity would be a lesbian? Or would they have replaced her with a male character?

On 4/7/2019 at 6:39 PM, The Blackangel said:

I think the character needed someone who could play a dry attitude. I don't see Sandra Bullock or Will Smith being able to pull that off. Also if Sandra Bullock had gotten the role, does that mean that Trinity would be a lesbian? Or would they have replaced her with a male character?

If I had to guess, they probably would’ve changed Trinity into a male character, but honestly, I’m not sure. I agree with you. Keanu nails that cool as cucumber persona perfectly. Will or Sandra would’ve felt a bit off.

4 hours ago, DylanC said:

If I had to guess, they probably would’ve changed Trinity into a male character, but honestly, I’m not sure. I agree with you. Keanu nails that cool as cucumber persona perfectly. Will or Sandra would’ve felt a bit off.

This is so bizarre and random as hell - Dylan did you find out about this today or you just randomly felt like posting this now?

53 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

This is so bizarre and random as hell - Dylan did you find out about this today or you just randomly felt like posting this now?

I found out about it a few days ago - and wrote about it (that article was written by yours truly). It's crazy as I consider myself a pretty big Matrix fan and it was news to me.

I read somewhere that they also considered Samuel L. Jackson for the role of Morpheus. Now don't get me wrong, he's an amazing actor, but this role just doesn't seem like something that would fit his acting abilities. Laurence Fishburne (sp?) was the best choice in my opinion. But if he hadn't been available there are only a few other actors I can think of that could have pulled off the role. James Earl Jones, Sean Connery, Anthony Hopkins, and Liam Neeson. Hell maybe even Dwayne Johnson. They are the only actors I can think of off the top of my head that could have the right commanding presence to have done the role justice. At least that are alive. If we are going to include deceased actors I would have said possibly Marlon Brando. If you've seen The Godfather then you know why him.

4 hours ago, DylanC said:

I found out about it a few days ago - and wrote about it (that article was written by yours truly). It's crazy as I consider myself a pretty big Matrix fan and it was news to me.

So am I but this just hit me out of left field - Sandra Bullock? Will Smith? Will would be a bit too emotional for that role because Neo is an individual with a very calm demeanor so it wouldn't come off properly. Sandra Bullock would also fall in the same category as well.

7 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

So am I but this just hit me out of left field - Sandra Bullock? Will Smith? Will would be a bit too emotional for that role because Neo is an individual with a very calm demeanor so it wouldn't come off properly. Sandra Bullock would also fall in the same category as well.

Yep, tonally I think the filmmakers went with the right choice with Keanu. His super cool persona and almost robotic delivery fits the movie really well. I actually really like him as an actor. Plus, he's very physical, as shown in his subsequent John Wick movies, which was used to great effect in The Matrix flicks.

1 minute ago, DylanC said:

Yep, tonally I think the filmmakers went with the right choice with Keanu. His super cool persona and almost robotic delivery fits the movie really well. I actually really like him as an actor. Plus, he's very physical, as shown in his subsequent John Wick movies, which was used to great effect in The Matrix flicks.

That's probably why I have watched a lot of movies he starred in over the years - Most times, even when the movie was horrible, he added some real quality to those movies.

4 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's probably why I have watched a lot of movies he starred in over the years - Most times, even when the movie was horrible, he added some real quality to those movies.

Definitely. From Speed to Point Break to Bill & Ted, he's done a lot of movies I'm super enamoured with. Speaking of which, isn't he doing another Bill & Ted movie? That's wild.

Edited by DylanC

13 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Definitely. From Speed to Point Break to Bill & Ted, he's done a lot of movies I'm super enamoured with. Speaking of which, isn't he doing another Bill & Ted movie? That's wild.

Billy & Ted 3 which is supposed to be released in 2020? If I'm not mistaken, that's the last thing I remembered reading on it some time ago.

Just now, killamch89 said:

Billy & Ted 3 which is supposed to be released in 2020? If I'm not mistaken, that's the last thing I remembered reading on it some time ago.

Aye, that's the one. Will definitely watch that. He is a super cool actor, and he's also well known to be a super nice guy in real life which always helps, too. 

17 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Aye, that's the one. Will definitely watch that. He is a super cool actor, and he's also well known to be a super nice guy in real life which always helps, too. 

I am keeping an eye out for it as well and my cousin met him once and said the same thing about him.