Register Now
kingpotato

Starting a new game

16 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

True and at the time they where very impressive graphics, the first time I played NV was a year before the new generation started. But yeah going back is a little difficult sometimes.

That's true. Because somehow it's different than you remember it. Kind of reminds me of going back to Disneyland as an adult. All the cool effects on the rides which were so magically convincing to me as a kid were so "flat" as an adult.

15 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

That's true. Because somehow it's different than you remember it. Kind of reminds me of going back to Disneyland as an adult. All the cool effects on the rides which were so magically convincing to me as a kid were so "flat" as an adult.

Thats correct with Disneyland 😆 I remembered Pirates of the Caribbean being cool and creepy and the last time I went it was just creepy.

On 5/20/2019 at 10:34 AM, skyfire said:

I am considering checking out the Rage 2 if I get some time for the gaming now. I am pretty busy this week. Maybe second week or so of next month I can play games in peace with less interruptions. 

I have been thinking of getting a copy of Rage 2, they say that the story and world is mostly average but the gameplay is awesome.

22 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Thats correct with Disneyland 😆 I remembered Pirates of the Caribbean being cool and creepy and the last time I went it was just creepy.

I remember the same thing with that ride and with the Peter Pan ride. Oddly enough, i think part of the issue for me too involved my eyesight. The first time as a little kid was so convincing in part because I was nearsighted and didn't know it yet =D

I've been to 2 of the 6 Flags parks ANF Worlds Of Fun in KC, but I have never in my life been to a Disney park. I've been on a couple rides in Vegas, but never Disney. But growing up I wasn't even allowed to watch a Disney movie, because according to my father "Disney is for pussies". Just because I have one doesn't mean I am one, so I still don't get the problem.

This thread's title just made me think of how I always feel like I have trouble starting a new game. Continuing a game I'm already invested in is usually the easy part, but getting past that first hump is the problem. It's the slow buildup, and sometimes hours of tutorial that prevent me from starting something, because I just wish I could be in the grove right away.

Even if it's not a fault of the game design itself, it's a fault in myself because I still have to learn the mechanics of a game. Fighting games for example don't really start off slow, I can jump into fights right away if I wanted to, but I'm gonna suck at it.

On 5/22/2019 at 3:50 PM, The Blackangel said:

But growing up I wasn't even allowed to watch a Disney movie, because according to my father "Disney is for pussies". Just because I have one doesn't mean I am one, so I still don't get the problem.

... Lovely. And I thought censorship during my childhood was harsh.

On 5/23/2019 at 8:43 AM, Christopher Robin said:

This thread's title just made me think of how I always feel like I have trouble starting a new game. Continuing a game I'm already invested in is usually the easy part, but getting past that first hump is the problem. It's the slow buildup, and sometimes hours of tutorial that prevent me from starting something, because I just wish I could be in the grove right away.

Even if it's not a fault of the game design itself, it's a fault in myself because I still have to learn the mechanics of a game. Fighting games for example don't really start off slow, I can jump into fights right away if I wanted to, but I'm gonna suck at it.

I have that same issue to some extent--except the difference for me is that I kind of enjoy it. It's like learning a new language/culture while travelling to a foreign country or something.

On 5/27/2019 at 7:23 AM, Aerielle del Rosario said:

Yep, I did! it's super hard to fight with all bosses though especially Ishin, the last one. It's totally different from what people say about it. 😄

Yes I think that's one reason why I don't consider the opinion of other people stop me on this. I think some people were super quick on judging the game. Glad you enjoyed it. 

I just purchased Dark Souls 2 (my fist soul game) , Bioshock (because of the comments I see here ) Borderlands 2 (because the 3 is coming up and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to afford it) and Dead space 2. I really wanted to play the first one of each but for some reason Gamestop had those with double the price but I got all 4 for just 10 dollars.