Register Now
StaceyPowers

What are the biggest problems in the video game industry today?

On 4/11/2019 at 4:16 PM, jonbones said:

The rise of a white supremacy breeding ground & the reluctance to do anything about it.

LOL all the world can see SJW and lot of hate against white instead. There is nothing like white supremacy, that's just feminist and SJWs way of muddying the video game industry with gross content. 

On 4/13/2019 at 6:03 AM, DylanC said:

Toxic gamers, lazy/greedy publishers and an erosion of good quality game writers.

Toxic gamers are an issue I agree but it is mainly casual uninformed gamers that are the issue - I agree that the quality of writing in games has significantly dropped to the point I cannot play most games continuously and enjoy them because they lack a proper story. The greedy devs/publishers are the biggest issue at the moment - they believe they should be paid top dollar for some sub-standard crap they throw together and call it a video game. It's all about money to them and they don't really care about gamer satisfaction nowadays.

This could just be me, but I feel like, in addition to what's been said, there's this huge lack of original storylines. From what I've seen as of late, and what has really dulled my interest in video games is the complete lack of fresh content- to me all these newer video games are just recycled plots with a few newer features and younger players chucked into the cocktail.

On 4/14/2019 at 11:48 PM, Darya said:

This could just be me, but I feel like, in addition to what's been said, there's this huge lack of original storylines. From what I've seen as of late, and what has really dulled my interest in video games is the complete lack of fresh content- to me all these newer video games are just recycled plots with a few newer features and younger players chucked into the cocktail.

They definitely dumbed down the Storyline quality to appeal to younger audiences and that goes for the broader audience because most of them do not care about a well-written story. It's all about the action.

On 4/13/2019 at 4:33 PM, DylanC said:

Toxic gamers, lazy/greedy publishers and an erosion of good quality game writers.

Totally agree. Pleasing the toxic gamers with bad content and also the way game influencers are making the games ahead has made things bitter as well. 

Supply & demand is a big problem. The developers offer a limited time preorder of a game, that supposedly has extras and exclusive content for 3 times the normal price. Then they either get too many orders to handle, or they don't get enough. That's the supply part. The demand is on us. The gamers. We always want more, bigger, faster, badder, and better. We want the next in the series now, and many are too impatient and unwilling to wait. Which puts the developers on an unrealistic time crunch for fear that they'll lose their target audience to another game by another developer.

I think steam like stores can solve the supply and demand issues. But the thing is that gaming industry takes social inputs instead of fantasy. And that pretty much creates chaos in the gaming world with type of games which are waste of time.