Register Now
StaceyPowers

Combat tips for RDR?

I just started Read Redemption again, I forgot a lot of the basics and started to start shooting while standing out in the open. One thing that has worked for me try to sprint as much as I can with the horse to a cover while shooting down the closest enemies, Then without stopping the horse dismount and run for cover, this is very effective since its a faster dismount and I can get close to a cover area really quick.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I just started Read Redemption again, I forgot a lot of the basics and started to start shooting while standing out in the open. One thing that has worked for me try to sprint as much as I can with the horse to a cover while shooting down the closest enemies, Then without stopping the horse dismount and run for cover, this is very effective since its a faster dismount and I can get close to a cover area really quick.

That's really helpful advice, especially since it builds off of what I've been figuring out. Thank you!

On 4/9/2019 at 3:20 PM, StaceyPowers said:

That's really helpful advice, especially since it builds off of what I've been figuring out. Thank you!

What difficulty did you choose ? I had to restart the whole game when I was doing the Irish and Seth missions because I was basically one shooting everyone. I will start again with extreme difficulty.

On 4/11/2019 at 1:22 PM, kingpotato said:

What difficulty did you choose ? I had to restart the whole game when I was doing the Irish and Seth missions because I was basically one shooting everyone. I will start again with extreme difficulty.

I think that I just picked "normal" or whatever. Usually, that's my default with a game I haven't played before.I think that I've been doing things in a strange order--more random exploring and encounters than the game expected me to do initially--because I finally completed that task for the snake oil salesmen, and now have the targeting active in Dead Eye. It made the game instantly so much easier.

On 4/13/2019 at 11:38 PM, Bravosi said:

I didn't play RDR yet, but you can shoot from horse right? Sounds like a plan if you ask me. Like horse archery! 😄

Thats actually the gameplay most of the times, shooting from the horse or gunfires between towns and hills