Register Now
JennyorAlice

Physically or digitally?

I am ok with both.  Typically on PC I will go digital just because I find it easier and I have the HDD space.  On console I prefer to get the physical disk.  Not only because HDD space can be limited but also because I get the option to sell it back.  I know you do not get all that much selling back but something is still better than nothing and there are definitely games that once I play them through I know I am not going back to them and it feels wasteful to just have them sitting around in my library.  Plus when I save up a few key trade ins and can get a new game for essentially half off or so that always feels good. 

I usually bought physically because of Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked saving me 20% off new games, but honestly, i'm kinda beside myself with it now because GCU is going away once it expires for me in May of next year. I've been buying more digitally now at least this way my girlfriend can access any digital games I buy as her xbox is set to my home xbox. So any games I purchase/download, she automatically has downloaded to her xbox. 🙂

So in the end, digital is actually saving me more than something like GCU was doing as I only have to buy 1 copy of games now. 😄

I always have preferred to get my video games digitally. I have a good internet speed and it's taking me around 2 hours to download 30-40 GB. It's cheaper for me to buy them online because of the sales in Steam and we don't have any stores for physical copies around. I also don't have a CD drive for them.

I've always purchased the physical copies but I may have to go to the digital ones since I don't really have a lot of room and it seems like I'm getting less and less room all the time.  The Switch that I have is the first time I've ever gotten a digital copy of any game and there is another game I'm interested in that is only in digital form. 

My satellite connection moves too slow for the downloading stuff that big.  In that case, downloading has never been an option.  Anyway, I'm not enough of a gamer to really go past a few physical copies from a store (offline) anyway.

As I play games on my computer, I get almost all of my games on digital platforms at a massive discount but if I was still playing on a console, I would have no issues with buying used physical games if the game was cheaply priced.

3 hours ago, realgamez said:

As I play games on my computer, I get almost all of my games on digital platforms at a massive discount but if I was still playing on a console, I would have no issues with buying used physical games if the game was cheaply priced.

Where do you digitally purchase video games from? And how much discount do you get? Is it from the Steam sales or 3rd party sites?

I'm ok with both, lord knows I've got a decent sized physical library on my back wall. Lately though, which has coincided with me swapping more to PC games as I look to upgrade my rig, I've been gravitating towards digital copies more and more. It's just easier to be fair, and frees up some space for games merch on my wall instead of boxes. 🙂

I did my first every digital download the other day! It was okay, I guess. It's something new to get ym head around.

Frankly once I get used to it though I think it could be the better way to do things.
No need to worry about storage, damaging discs etc.

Count me in for digital.
I never thought I'd say that though.