Register Now
StaceyPowers

Bullying in MMOs

Have you ever been the target of bullying in an MMO? If so, how did you deal with it?

Also, if you are open to admitting it, have you ever been a bully in an MMO? If so, do you have anything to share from those experiences?

When I was a teen, I played an MMO quite extensively. During that time, I was at the receiving end of a lot of bullying, but I also was at times (however unintentionally) a bully myself. I grew up being bullied in school for being the “nerd,” and in the MMO, the same skills which were scorned IRL were useful. So naturally I teamed up with other angry nerd kids in the game, and we did our best to rule the roost. I expect this is common in gaming.

I remember during the 2005 I was victim of group which used to preach JW in the gaming rooms. And now a days I get mostly bullied by the SJWs who are doing all the trendy justice stuff by insulting people who don't agree with their views and they think govt should make law about taking freedom of speech of people who disagree with them. So I am kind of avoid those type of groups on discord. 

One thing that helped turn me off from online gaming happened when I played WoW. I had been logged in for the first time ever for a total of 10 seconds and a guy who was a level 57 challenged me to a duel. I declined, but he wouldn’t take no for an answer. He followed me everywhere and kept challenging me over and over and over. That was the end of my time with WoW. Can’t play the game without some asshole stalking you, it’s not worth playing.