Register Now

7 hours ago, DylanC said:

I think it’s the fact that in NV’s main quest you’re seeking revenge on who killed you, but F3 tasks you with looking for your father as well as saving the Capital Wasteland. You’re right, though. There’s more nuance than that. That was what I took away from my playthrough though, if that makes.

... *sense

I was tired and forgot a word, lol.

@UleTheVee Thanks, bro! you're really missing out on Fallout. but wait. you mean you've played them, but they just didn't hold your interest? or you haven't played them long enough to know?

@StaceyPowers The plot of NV is really disconnected compared to Fallout 3's plot. the legion's messed up of course but it's like Fallout 3's story is more forward thinking. like, you aren't just trying to stop bad things from happening. you're trying to create a better future for the Wasteland. 

On 4/15/2019 at 3:58 PM, DylanC said:

I think it’s the fact that in NV’s main quest you’re seeking revenge on who killed you, but F3 tasks you with looking for your father as well as saving the Capital Wasteland. You’re right, though. There’s more nuance than that. That was what I took away from my playthrough though, if that makes.

I never thought of it like that before. For me, I always think of it as essentially being about dealing with the Legion. But that's one of the reasons NV is so cool. You can play through the game with wildly different motivations and have very different experiences because of all the complexity. So you can come away with unique interpretations.

2 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

@UleTheVee Thanks, bro! you're really missing out on Fallout. but wait. you mean you've played them, but they just didn't hold your interest? or you haven't played them long enough to know?

@StaceyPowers The plot of NV is really disconnected compared to Fallout 3's plot. the legion's messed up of course but it's like Fallout 3's story is more forward thinking. like, you aren't just trying to stop bad things from happening. you're trying to create a better future for the Wasteland. 

Yes, I played them and they didn't hold my interest long enough. I do like some elements about them like the incredible narrative they present in the first games and the amazing story in NV. I actually am a fan of Chris Avellone himself for that.

On 4/17/2019 at 3:55 PM, UleTheVee said:

Yes, I played them and they didn't hold my interest long enough. I do like some elements about them like the incredible narrative they present in the first games and the amazing story in NV. I actually am a fan of Chris Avellone himself for that.

it's cool that you can still appreciate elements of the games even though they didn't hold your interest long enough to get into them.