Register Now
kingpotato

Hunting animals good or bad ?

I have family in Oregon State US that enjoy hunting during deer season, while there are many restrictions and rules there that are logical and fair some people will say that hunting for sport is cruel. In my home state in Mexico we have the Big horn sheep that is now and endangered species due to the excessive hunting and it is prohibited by law to hunt this animal now. Lets not forget as well the many controversies of rich people hunting endangered animals.

What do you think of Hunting for sport ? Have you done it or what do you think of it ?

In my view, It disgusts me because they are living beings like us with feelings, emotions and just trying to find their way through life like us. Hunting them to feed yourself out of necessity is understandable in the case of a dire situation like stranded out in the wilderness because some animals would do the same to us. Killing animals for our own twisted amusement is absolute cruelty.

On 4/12/2019 at 11:51 PM, killamch89 said:

In my view, It disgusts me because they are living beings like us with feelings, emotions and just trying to find their way through life like us. Hunting them to feed yourself out of necessity is understandable in the case of a dire situation like stranded out in the wilderness because some animals would do the same to us. Killing animals for our own twisted amusement is absolute cruelty.

Animal testing should totally be banned.  However, the remark on the wilderness is a bit of hypocrisy - cause you're just asking others to kill for you  (grocery store consumer) - assuming you're not vegetarian.

I was a hunter when I was a kid, and we always ate everything we killed. That was our main reason for hunting. Food. And we hunted almost every game animal available in Missouri. But even then, I didn't like the idea of trophy hunting. It just didn't make sense to me. It still doesn't. I lost interest in hunting years ago, and actually sold my deer rifle and shotgun recently. I think I kinda got ripped off, but if I was stupid enough to let that happen then I deserved it. But even if I wanted to go hunting I couldn't because I'm in a wheelchair now. The closest I go to hunting now is trying to find the right shoes when I have to go out.

On 9/14/2019 at 1:58 AM, Jayson said:

Animal testing should totally be banned.  However, the remark on the wilderness is a bit of hypocrisy - cause you're just asking others to kill for you  (grocery store consumer) - assuming you're not vegetarian.

If you're stranded in the wilderness and hunting animals is your only means of survival is not really hypocrisy because animals do the same to us. I'm totally against animal testing as well.

On 9/14/2019 at 9:59 AM, The Blackangel said:

I agree with you 100% on that. Breeding animals for the sole purpose if injecting them with chemicals and diseases to see how other chemicals and diseases react is sick. Use pedophiles and rapists for that.

That's a brilliant idea to be fair. Too bad the UN or some other BS organization will come with their hypocritical speech defending these scumbags.

The reason for Sport Hunting is to keep the animal population down for the farmers.  I'm not a hunter myself but I have cousins and Uncles who are.  

Imagine this scenario.   If we banned all fishing, and hunting.    There would be too many animals.  Imagine there are too many sharks in the ocean to extreme intent so much that beaches has to shut down.  

So on. Deers coming into your home for comfort. wolves hunting your kids or family members. other stuff like that.

The same can be said for hunters that do it for the food. Many are below the poverty line, and hunting is their only way to feed their family. But killing a deer for only the reason of hanging a taxidermied head on your wall is just wrong. And all too often, the meat goes to waste. The deer around here are big enough that they could feed a family of 5 for two months. Sport hunters don’t care. Sport hunting isn’t to keep the population under control. It’s for the sole purpose of getting to kill something. If that’s what you’re after, kill a person. There’s an over abundance of them. Human populations are beyond out of control. Kill them instead.

Nonhuman animals matter.

Humans (homo sapiens) do not matter and have absolutely no value.

Edited by The Blackangel

23 hours ago, DimensionalGamer said:

The reason for Sport Hunting is to keep the animal population down for the farmers.  I'm not a hunter myself but I have cousins and Uncles who are.  

Imagine this scenario.   If we banned all fishing, and hunting.    There would be too many animals.  Imagine there are too many sharks in the ocean to extreme intent so much that beaches has to shut down.  

So on. Deers coming into your home for comfort. wolves hunting your kids or family members. other stuff like that.

xD a little bit of an overacted scenario I will say, I'm no expert but I find that hard to happen. The only thing I know about sport hunting is deer hunting and I will say that even during hunting season Deers will walk around freely around your property or on the road, at least in Oregon, and people dont seem to care.

23 hours ago, DimensionalGamer said:

For every human casulty as the result of a shark, we kill around 17 million.  Trust me, Jaws and Sharknado are not going to reflect reality any time soon

Deers are far to timid and quite harmless, about the worst thing they can do in a populated area is screw with the flow of traffic.  As for the "threat" posed by wolves.... your more likley to be killed by a Bee sting or by hitting one of them deers with your car.

Hunting for the sake of food or culling one thing and farmers do need to do it somtimes to protect their crops or livestock.  Purley for sport however is ridiculous and none of the excuses like ones here hold water.  Now I'm not one of those people that put the rights of animals over people, if it was my kid was trapped in an enclosure with Harambe the gorilla I'd shoot without any hesitation whatsoever.  The truth is wild animals VERY rarley pose a legimite threat and by we are by far the most the most barbaric and destructive species on the planet.

5 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Deers are far to timid and quite harmless

That's actually not true. Deer are one of the more dangerous animals we have in the US, especially during mating season. A buck will attack a human without hesitation if it cant run. And the power of these animals is immense. There are several hunters every year that are gored by deer, most of them killed. Here in Missouri that is. And a doe with a fawn is just as dangerous. She will intentionally run at you and attack to protect her young. There was one incident a few years ago where a guy hit a fawn as it was crossing the road with its mother. he tried to get out of his car to check the damage and the doe wouldn't let him out. For whatever reason he couldn't get his car to start again. I think the radiator had gotten busted in the collision. But according to him she was snorting, bleating, hissing, and rearing up and attacking his car with her front feet. He ended up having to call 911 to get help out there. Deer are no laughing matter.

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

That's actually not true. Deer are one of the more dangerous animals we have in the US, especially during mating season. A buck will attack a human without hesitation if it cant run. And the power of these animals is immense. There are several hunters every year that are gored by deer, most of them killed. Here in Missouri that is. And a doe with a fawn is just as dangerous. She will intentionally run at you and attack to protect her young. There was one incident a few years ago where a guy hit a fawn as it was crossing the road with its mother. he tried to get out of his car to check the damage and the doe wouldn't let him out. For whatever reason he couldn't get his car to start again. I think the radiator had gotten busted in the collision. But according to him she was snorting, bleating, hissing, and rearing up and attacking his car with her front feet. He ended up having to call 911 to get help out there. Deer are no laughing matter.

Ok, I stand corrected there.  My point still stands that this not such a universal problem a culling of deer is nescesary.

34 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Is it me or deer meat is not really that good ?🤔 I'm no expert , I have only tried it once and it was not that good.

and also...
"Should have taken the shot, fat ass " 😆

wDh9tNX.gif

I doesn't taste much different from beef to me.  A little more succulent and less fatty maybe.