Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
kingpotato

Hunting animals good or bad ?

I have family in Oregon State US that enjoy hunting during deer season, while there are many restrictions and rules there that are logical and fair some people will say that hunting for sport is cruel. In my home state in Mexico we have the Big horn sheep that is now and endangered species due to the excessive hunting and it is prohibited by law to hunt this animal now. Lets not forget as well the many controversies of rich people hunting endangered animals.

What do you think of Hunting for sport ? Have you done it or what do you think of it ?

In my view, It disgusts me because they are living beings like us with feelings, emotions and just trying to find their way through life like us. Hunting them to feed yourself out of necessity is understandable in the case of a dire situation like stranded out in the wilderness because some animals would do the same to us. Killing animals for our own twisted amusement is absolute cruelty.

On 4/12/2019 at 11:51 PM, killamch89 said:

In my view, It disgusts me because they are living beings like us with feelings, emotions and just trying to find their way through life like us. Hunting them to feed yourself out of necessity is understandable in the case of a dire situation like stranded out in the wilderness because some animals would do the same to us. Killing animals for our own twisted amusement is absolute cruelty.

Animal testing should totally be banned.  However, the remark on the wilderness is a bit of hypocrisy - cause you're just asking others to kill for you  (grocery store consumer) - assuming you're not vegetarian.

I was a hunter when I was a kid, and we always ate everything we killed. That was our main reason for hunting. Food. And we hunted almost every game animal available in Missouri. But even then, I didn't like the idea of trophy hunting. It just didn't make sense to me. It still doesn't. I lost interest in hunting years ago, and actually sold my deer rifle and shotgun recently. I think I kinda got ripped off, but if I was stupid enough to let that happen then I deserved it. But even if I wanted to go hunting I couldn't because I'm in a wheelchair now. The closest I go to hunting now is trying to find the right shoes when I have to go out.

7 hours ago, Jayson said:

Animal testing should totally be banned.

I agree with you 100% on that. Breeding animals for the sole purpose if injecting them with chemicals and diseases to see how other chemicals and diseases react is sick. Use pedophiles and rapists for that.

On 9/14/2019 at 1:58 AM, Jayson said:

Animal testing should totally be banned.  However, the remark on the wilderness is a bit of hypocrisy - cause you're just asking others to kill for you  (grocery store consumer) - assuming you're not vegetarian.

If you're stranded in the wilderness and hunting animals is your only means of survival is not really hypocrisy because animals do the same to us. I'm totally against animal testing as well.

On 9/14/2019 at 9:59 AM, The Blackangel said:

I agree with you 100% on that. Breeding animals for the sole purpose if injecting them with chemicals and diseases to see how other chemicals and diseases react is sick. Use pedophiles and rapists for that.

That's a brilliant idea to be fair. Too bad the UN or some other BS organization will come with their hypocritical speech defending these scumbags.