Register Now
mont86

Familiar with ASMR ?

On 4/16/2019 at 3:15 PM, UleTheVee said:

I am aware of what ASMR is but I never really understood the appeal of it.

The sounds are quite relaxing although I'm not sure why you'd need someone to livestream that when you can look up relaxing sounds on your own.

On 2/24/2024 at 11:10 AM, svjiminfxv said:

I've watched a lot of ASMR, but there is only one type I like. 

I like hair brushing ASMR. I don't like the eating ASMR's as the frustrate me. I don't like the sound of people eating.

Bwahahahaha!!!! I hate the sound of people eating too!!! If I talk on the phone with someone who is eating I want to strangle them. I actually have a DNA report that says I have misophonia, a genetic trait where a person gets rage at specific sounds like chewing. 

On 2/24/2024 at 12:10 PM, svjiminfxv said:

I've watched a lot of ASMR, but there is only one type I like. 

I like hair brushing ASMR. I don't like the eating ASMR's as the frustrate me. I don't like the sound of people eating.

I don't like the eating ASMR either and it's not just the sound of people chewing their food. All of a sudden, it makes me start thinking about food as well and I hate that!

On 2/25/2024 at 1:20 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Bwahahahaha!!!! I hate the sound of people eating too!!! If I talk on the phone with someone who is eating I want to strangle them. I actually have a DNA report that says I have misophonia, a genetic trait where a person gets rage at specific sounds like chewing. 

That's quite interesting - is that gene hereditary or is it something that developed over time?

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's quite interesting - is that gene hereditary or is it something that developed over time?

It's in the genetic makeup, not something that is developed over time. I thought that quite interesting too. I've always had bad reactions to certain sounds growing up and it actually is my DNA. Who would have thought some gene makes you hate sounds...😆 I find it ridiculously funny but it is also not something to be messed with. Chewing is the main thing for me, and I also hate it when people clear their throats. It triggers a highly aggressive reaction with me. 

On 2/26/2024 at 9:57 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

It's in the genetic makeup, not something that is developed over time. I thought that quite interesting too. I've always had bad reactions to certain sounds growing up and it actually is my DNA. Who would have thought some gene makes you hate sounds...😆 I find it ridiculously funny but it is also not something to be messed with. Chewing is the main thing for me, and I also hate it when people clear their throats. It triggers a highly aggressive reaction with me. 

Wow - I guess we learn something new everyday. I do know quite a few people who clear their through like several times an hour.