Register Now
UleTheVee

Ule's View - EA Could Revive Star Wars?

1 hour ago, Alyxx said:

They have proven TWICE that they have squandered the Star Wars license...

The reason why people are optimistic about this game is because it's made by Respawn. AKA the studio that made Apex Legends and is currently being given leniency by EA.

26 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

The reason why people are optimistic about this game is because it's made by Respawn. AKA the studio that made Apex Legends and is currently being given leniency by EA.

If it's another battle royale, colour me not interested lol

But if it's anything like Titanfall 2, I'll probably like it.

Edited by Alyxx

6 hours ago, Alyxx said:

If it's another battle royale, colour me not interested lol

But if it's anything like Titanfall 2, I'll probably like it.

If it's EA, It's going to be disappointing or half-assed. EA isn't going to do anything but create another loot box filled game and slap the Star Wars name on it just like Battlefront 2...In case you are wondering why I keep bringing it up. It is due to the fact that I pre-ordered and bought that game and that is the last EA game I ever bought or played for that matter.

11 hours ago, Alyxx said:

EA has published games that I enjoy so I think they could do well if they wanted to.

Their problem, as well as Activision's and Bethesda's, is their constant push towards trying to get the most out of consumers without putting in any real effort in terms of quality.

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

They already confirm that it will not have micro transactions or DLC , I've been actually looking forward for this game since it was announced. 

Remember that EA also promised that Battlefront 2 wouldn't include microtransactions or DLC... Look at what happened after that.

Well on Battlefront I think it was really obvious that micro transactions and DLC where going to come up at some point, it was a multiplayer game made by EA. Jedi the fallen order on the other hand well its single player only so at the most the can only include a DLC, but it does make me wonder if the game will be good.

This is supposed to be a single-player, story-driven game focused on melee lightsaber combat. I don't think there is any point of having microtransactions or loot boxes. Sure, they can add it so you can change the color of your lightsaber or the character's appearance, but Respawn said they have no plans for adding those or DLCs.

It's EA's decision that's final, but seeing how Apex Legends succeeded, I don't think it's impossible for there to be no additional paid content. I'm sure they've given Respawn more creative freedom because of it, and with such success of Apex Legends and the fact that it's a Star Wars game, people will most likely be tempted to buy it the day it comes out.

The one thing that irks me is why do people think that a single-player game with zero microtransactions or loot boxes is "revolutionary"? I've seen EA drop so many shit Star Wars games that I have a hard time believing this will be mind-blowingly different. Yes, I heard they are going to use the Unreal engine instead of their crapbite engine (EA doing something practical for once.yay!) which a good move but I need to see story-wise what they will come with and also if the combat is good.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

The one thing that irks me is why do people think that a single-player game with zero microtransactions or loot boxes is "revolutionary"? I've seen EA drop so many shit Star Wars games that I have a hard time believing this will be mind-blowingly different. Yes, I heard they are going to use the Unreal engine instead of their crapbite engine (EA doing something practical for once.yay!) which a good move but I need to see story-wise what they will come with and also if the combat is good.

I'm waiting as well. Probably gonna pick it up on sale.

8 hours ago, SpaceExplorer said:

This is supposed to be a single-player, story-driven game focused on melee lightsaber combat. I don't think there is any point of having microtransactions or loot boxes. Sure, they can add it so you can change the color of your lightsaber or the character's appearance, but Respawn said they have no plans for adding those or DLCs.

It's EA's decision that's final, but seeing how Apex Legends succeeded, I don't think it's impossible for there to be no additional paid content. I'm sure they've given Respawn more creative freedom because of it, and with such success of Apex Legends and the fact that it's a Star Wars game, people will most likely be tempted to buy it the day it comes out.

You know that they could also sell progression and upgrades behind microtransactions right?

Also, it seems like that thunder on Apex Legends is starting to go away

So...