Register Now
JennyorAlice

Movies/tv shows based on books?

I've been pretty lucky as the only movies I've read the books for were Michael Crichton novels: Jurassic Park, Sphere and The Andromeda Strain. Jurassic Park obviously was an awesome movie and a great adaptation of the novel. Whereas Sphere and The Andromeda Strain were both great movies in their own way, but didn't quite match up to the books. Also, JRR Tolkien's The Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit books have been adapted well to the silver screen. 

I've also read a few novelisations of movies, like Alien and Alien: Covenant. Both were awesome and very well written by Alan Dean Foster.

One movie I was excited about was The Host. Alien souls occupying human bodies. The book was amazing. Had me hooked the entire time. However the movie wasn't near as exciting. Sometimes I'll refuse to read the book just so the movie isn't ruined for me  

I have watched movies that also have books and I guess with The Walking Dead you could say the same thing with TV shows only that was a comic. The movies I have watched with books are the Harry Potter movies. I find it fascinating that the books and the movies are so different and when reading the books and watching the movies you get a different perspective with each book and movie. I was never disappointed with either the movies or the books from Harry Potter.