Register Now
StaceyPowers

Bringing elements of games into IRL as you play

When you play video games that you really love, do you look for ways to bring elements of those games into your real life?

For example:

-While playing TLOU, every time I was walking from one location to another in real life, I would look around constantly for impromptu weapon ideas and strategies should infected attack (not literally expecting it, of course, but it was fun to see the world in a different way).

-Sometimes I will lean toward eating foods in real life that characters in the games I play have been eating.

-Playing Bioshock games has given me a renewed interest in Art Deco and Art Nouveau. I’ve also gained a deeper interest in design work and typefaces, and have been educating myself about the fonts used in the games. Most of the fonts I’m using in Windows right now are from the games or feature similar elements.

How do you bring elements of your favorite game worlds into the real world?

Edited by StaceyPowers

I have some sort of weapon in my hands at all times. Yes this includes when I’m sleeping, and I take something into the shower with me as well. I’m paranoid schizophrenic, and being a sociopath on top of that I don’t trust my own shadow. I’m constantly looking around at my surroundings, even when I’m sitting at home watching TV. If you were to see me unarmed, that would mean that you are at my funeral. I can throw a knife. I can throw a shuriken. I’m a dead eye with a rifle and a bow. And I’m no slouch with a pistol. I have no qualms about taking a human life. I’ve been shot before. I’m no stranger to random violence. It’s just a normal part of life. An average day. Nothing more, nothing less.

On 4/13/2019 at 11:37 PM, Bravosi said:

Well, if it counts, I used to dress up as Altair from AC, even bought a cosplay.

That counts. I have some clothing items that in some way remind me of the video games I like. 

On 4/14/2019 at 7:20 PM, killamch89 said:

To be honest, not really but I did learn how to sneak up on someone without them noticing from playing Splinter Cell.

Who did you sneak up on IRL? I feel like there is a story here.

I have 2 Master Swords. One is high quality, the other; not so much. But still they're really nice to have. Also I have the exact same tattoo that Zell has in FF8. The only difference is I have it on my the right side of my face instead of the left. I got it as a sign of my lifelong love of gaming. every tattoo I have has meaning. I don't get something just because it's the "in thing" or because it's "cool". If I did that, I would have a shitty asshat, an arm band, and a fucking bar code for Jack Daniels on the back of my hand.

NO. THANK. YOU.

For those who forgot Zell's tattoo here's a pic of it.

Ff8-zell2.jpg

Edited by The Blackangel