Register Now
The Blackangel

Ask The Blackangel

I would have to say my speech problem. Somehow the wires are crossed between my brain and mouth. I will be trying to talk about something and a word that has no relation whatsoever will come out. Like I could be talking to someone about our favorite books and I'll say something like "yeah the last pizza I read..." Then I catch what just got said. Then I spend the rest of the day so pissed off I'm more than willing to kill the next person who just looks in my general direction. You may call it awkward, but I call it enraging since it happens several times daily.

There's a building on the University of Missouri campus called Memorial Union that looks like a 15th century cathedral. Living dead center of the U.S., there's not a lot of gothic architecture to see. And with me being on disability, I can't really afford to travel except for the rare occurrence. But when I travel it's always limited to a state that borders Missouri.

On 5/4/2019 at 7:31 PM, The Blackangel said:

I would have to say my speech problem. Somehow the wires are crossed between my brain and mouth. I will be trying to talk about something and a word that has no relation whatsoever will come out. Like I could be talking to someone about our favorite books and I'll say something like "yeah the last pizza I read..." Then I catch what just got said. Then I spend the rest of the day so pissed off I'm more than willing to kill the next person who just looks in my general direction. You may call it awkward, but I call it enraging since it happens several times daily.

I have issues which are similar to this, though I can usually figure out the reason for the wrong word. It also happens more when I'm typing than talking. Like I thanked a person once for "planets" instead of "topics" for a work assignment. I did this because I'd been writing about a planet that day, and it was still on my mind. I think that if one has a lot of branching thoughts, this sort of thing may happen a good deal. 

On 5/5/2019 at 5:22 PM, The Blackangel said:

There's a building on the University of Missouri campus called Memorial Union that looks like a 15th century cathedral. Living dead center of the U.S., there's not a lot of gothic architecture to see. And with me being on disability, I can't really afford to travel except for the rare occurrence. But when I travel it's always limited to a state that borders Missouri.

I used to live in Washington DC, and I loved visiting the National Cathedral. It was located nowhere near any metro stops, unfortunately. Since I didn't have a car, there was no easy way to get there. I once walked like 10 miles or more just to visit it. The architecture felt like "home" to me.

On 5/4/2019 at 7:31 PM, The Blackangel said:

Like I could be talking to someone about our favorite books and I'll say something like "yeah the last pizza I read..." Then I catch what just got said.

I have something like this, but it usually happens when typing. I think it's the result of branching thoughts and hyperfocus issues, but I am not sure. It makes me anxious for professional reasons, because I am always afraid that these errors will slip past me at work.