Register Now
Bargain_Bin_Gaming

Help with gaming headset for recording for YouTube

Not sure if this is the best place for this question BUT,

I use PS4 Share to record Gaming Walkthroughs for my YouTube channel. I use a cheaper Turtle Beach headset to do Audio for it. That being said, it picks up pretty decent feedback from the AC vent in my apartment. Would upgrading to a better quality of headset help with this or is it irrelevant?

Any input would be super helpful.

Thanks guys!

4 hours ago, Bargain_Bin_Gaming said:

Not sure if this is the best place for this question BUT,

I use PS4 Share to record Gaming Walkthroughs for my YouTube channel. I use a cheaper Turtle Beach headset to do Audio for it. That being said, it picks up pretty decent feedback from the AC vent in my apartment. Would upgrading to a better quality of headset help with this or is it irrelevant?

Any input would be super helpful.

Thanks guys!

It depends on what you do with your headsets. Like, if you have the fandirectly pointed at you, the mic will pick up the sound inevitably unless you have Noise Supression enabled.

21 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

It depends on what you do with your headsets. Like, if you have the fandirectly pointed at you, the mic will pick up the sound inevitably unless you have Noise Supression enabled.

The AC vent is pointed to the wall of the tv. Like parallel to me. If that makes sense. Lol. Do the mics themselves have the noise suppression option?

1 hour ago, Bargain_Bin_Gaming said:

The AC vent is pointed to the wall of the tv. Like parallel to me. If that makes sense. Lol. Do the mics themselves have the noise suppression option?

Some gaming headsets do have the noise supression enabled. but you do have to spend a pretty penny in order to get some.

For example, I am using a Redragon TALOS Gaming Headset which has Vibration and volume,.

Can you turn the vent off in that one room just while you record? I use a cheap headset for my channel when I feel like making a video, and I don't usually have much problem. maybe your mic is just too sensitive for what you're doing. It may be worth it to get something really cheap to try. Also is it a bare mic, or does it have a noise reducer on it? If you're not sure what that is, it's the foam thing that covers the actual head of the mic itself. It blocks outside noise like your breath and general wind. You could look into getting one of those if you don't already have one.

10 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Can you turn the vent off in that one room just while you record? I use a cheap headset for my channel when I feel like making a video, and I don't usually have much problem. maybe your mic is just too sensitive for what you're doing. It may be worth it to get something really cheap to try. Also is it a bare mic, or does it have a noise reducer on it? If you're not sure what that is, it's the foam thing that covers the actual head of the mic itself. It blocks outside noise like your breath and general wind. You could look into getting one of those if you don't already have one.

THATS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR AND NEVR FOUND. It's called "Noise Reducer" Thank you Black!

Also the guy above said that his vent is parallel to him so that (as far as I understand) means he keeps it away from him.

8 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

THATS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR AND NEVR FOUND. It's called "Noise Reducer" Thank you Black!

Also the guy above said that his vent is parallel to him so that (as far as I understand) means he keeps it away from him.

You're welcome Ule. Anytime.

Anyways, I didn't complete the last post. The TALOS Headset has noise supression and the microphone doesn't catch any sounds that aren't from my keyboard (Tbf though, it's pretty loud). So yeah, this is the deal. My headset costed me only 800 pesos (40 USD) so I am pretty sure you can find that kind of headset on your own.

6 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Anyways, I didn't complete the last post. The TALOS Headset has noise supression and the microphone doesn't catch any sounds that aren't from my keyboard (Tbf though, it's pretty loud). So yeah, this is the deal. My headset costed me only 800 pesos (40 USD) so I am pretty sure you can find that kind of headset on your own.

Talos huh? I'll check it out! Thanks so much!