Register Now
Darya

Video games you expected to dislike

5 minutes ago, Darya said:

I get that that's the point, but knowing myself I'd be screaming at like 2 AM in the morning and my parents would be rather concernedÂ đŸ˜‚Â But honestly, that sounds really cool. Maybe if I ever grow a pair I'll check it out.

Take some steroi...oh wait that doesn't help does it? erm...Just DO IT! *Shai's voice*

On 4/18/2019 at 12:27 PM, Darya said:

What a legendary video. The Shia LaBeouf song is almost as good, but that's a topic for a different thread. 

I agree completely and oddly enough, it gets me to do stuff I'd tend to be procrastinating about.

Just thought of another one.

Undertale

I talked about it in a couple of other threads, but really, it's a turn-based RPG with elements of a bullet hell, both genres I'm not overly fond of. Then I played it, and it became my favorite RPG of all time. Not because of any particular element that stood out among other RPG or bullet hell games, but because it simply defied my expectations with impunity. I play an ARPG like Monster Hunter, Warframe, or any Fallout game starting with Fallout 3 (I know people tend to think of the latter two as shooters, but I'm pretty sure they fit the criteria of an ARPG as well), I kind of know what I'm getting into, and I already like those. If I play a turn-based RPG like most Final Fantasy games or a bullet hell like Enter the Gungeon, I know where things are going more or less, and while I may or may not enjoy the story at any given time, those gameplay genres miss me more often than they hit – though the bullet hell example is actually a bad example because I actually really enjoy Enter the Gungeon – and I just don't want to play anymore. Undertale was different: I knew it was a turn-based RPG, I knew it had bullet hell elements... and I didn't care. It did both in ways that didn't frustrate or bore me to death, and the story, compelling as it was to me, was just the icing on the cake.

The Legend Of Zelda: Majoras Mask

At first I didn't view it as a true Zelda game because it wasn't in Hyrule, and Link wasn't trying to save Zelda and beat Ganon. So for a long time I refused to play it. Then I saw other people playing it, and it peaked my curiosity. So I sat down to play it one day, and was almost immediately hooked. It may not be a true Zelda game in the traditional sense, but I don't care. I still enjoy the hell out of it.

But that damn 3 day time limit still sucks, even with the Inverted Song Of Time.

Edited by The Blackangel

I though I'd dislike the bioshock. I know I have seen the trailer at that time and all. And I thought it'd be pretty boring game. But it turned out the game was definitely fun to play. I do however think that in terms of graphics and the game levels it needs improvement but can't expect much on that note. 

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

I though I'd dislike the bioshock. I know I have seen the trailer at that time and all. And I thought it'd be pretty boring game. But it turned out the game was definitely fun to play. I do however think that in terms of graphics and the game levels it needs improvement but can't expect much on that note. 

I heard it's a brilliant series and one that I will definitely look to play it in a couple of weeks and the Bioshock series has been around for a while so the graphics wouldn't hold much any weight against most games released in 2019.

No, this has never happened to me. Perhaps, because I never create so many expectations at this point. I think that lowering expectations about this mean there are not many possible frustrations (if they are real, of course)

Edited by Shine_Spirit

On 4/25/2019 at 2:55 AM, killamch89 said:

I heard it's a brilliant series and one that I will definitely look to play it in a couple of weeks and the Bioshock series has been around for a while so the graphics wouldn't hold much any weight against most games released in 2019.

I'd only dislike it for graphics though. But if I have to choose dislike that would be far cry from this released version from what I have seen this time. 

On 4/24/2019 at 2:25 PM, killamch89 said:

I can't imagine who you heard that from ... =D