Register Now
axegrinder22

Has a pro really changed how you play?

On 8/18/2018 at 7:23 PM, axegrinder22 said:

Following Evo I was reading about the characters people play in tournaments and it made me wonder if watching a pro has ever convinced you to pick up a new character?

As far as I'm concerned, just watching a pro play isn't enough to teach me well but also having to play against one as well. It's in the challenge that I really get to learn. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

I'm of the opinion that life is all about learning. So, there is a lot you can learn from a pro because they are a pro for a reason. I wouldn't mind at all copying a pro. 

You simply said well with a hammer on the nail head. Once you get to see who's better than you are, it's very necessary to try and pick up one or two things from him. 

I learnt to play World of Warcraft better because of Preach, and in numerous MMOs I tend to look at guides that are written by World First players and such. I don't copy them word for word (or rather I do and fail because I've not got the capacity to remember it all,) but I do find myself being measurably better when I consult guides and develop that muscle memory.

On 10/15/2021 at 5:21 PM, Heatman said:

You simply said well with a hammer on the nail head. Once you get to see who's better than you are, it's very necessary to try and pick up one or two things from him. 

Of course, I know when I had to knowledge on how to play Football games, I had to watch my friends play and picked up how to play from them. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Of course, I know when I had to knowledge on how to play Football games, I had to watch my friends play and picked up how to play from them. 

If you played football in real life, it's supposed to be very easy to adapt in learning how to play it in video games because you're already familiar with the basics. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you played football in real life, it's supposed to be very easy to adapt in learning how to play it in video games because you're already familiar with the basics. 

Yeah, I did played football in real life especially during my college days in school but the fear of getting injured deterred me from playing till date. I can't remember the last time I kicked a ball.