Register Now
kingpotato

Your Play style on FPS games

Whats your favorite style to play First person Shooters ? Do you prefer being the sniper, the tactical with grenades and traps or a rusher running around the map with a shotgun ?

I prefer the later one running with a shotgun or a quick SMG , my aim has always been bad so I prefer close combat.

On 4/17/2019 at 1:29 AM, Darya said:

I tend to go for a support role, but it really depends on what's going on around me.

Unless I have a sniper rifle or I am just laying down some covering fire for my teammates, I don't really know the meaning of support lol 

@kingpotato Run-and-gun for the same reason as you. My aim is shit. I also just have more fun charging around corners with a shotgun. If I'm playing against bots, I like coming up with optimized pathways through maps and then just playing in a repetitious way (I guess it induces a "flow" state). 

Edited by StaceyPowers

33 minutes ago, Bargain_Bin_Gaming said:

I'm def a Sniper. If I can't snipe, I prefer a bow. 

Not sure why, those have always been my two favorite! (Though, bow n arrows are more likely to be seen in third person shooters, I suppose)

bows on Gears 3 where so much fun.

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

@kingpotato Run-and-gun for the same reason as you. My aim is shit. I also just have more fun charging around corners with a shotgun. If I'm playing against bots, I like coming up with optimized pathways through maps and then just playing in a repetitious way (I guess it induces a "flow" state). 

That was actually my same play style when playing COD ghosts, grab a shotgun select a path to go around the map and kill anyone in my path. Rinse and repeat.

One of my favorites to do as well is to fire rockets halfway across the map and watch people run right into its trajectory. It takes some anticipation and for the most part, the enemy has to be running along a linear path somewhat. Of course, I get loads of abuse and called a hacker by people who ran right into them.

On 4/22/2019 at 1:33 PM, xXInfectedXx said:

I'm a Sniper definitely.  I prefer a bow if I can't snipe. Unsure to why the reason is, nonetheless, they have always been my two favourite weapons in FPs. 

But Bows are so difficult to use though. If you don't land a headshot - you're screwed.