Register Now
Executor Akamia

Ask Akamia

On 3/11/2020 at 6:20 AM, The Blackangel said:

Of all hairstyles, what do you think is the absolute worst?

I don't feel strongly enough about any hairstyle at all to really answer this one. 😕

On 3/14/2020 at 8:44 PM, DC said:

@Executor Akamia Have you ever had to stop playing a game because it was too scary?

As a child, I used to be pretty much incapable of playing certain games, especially two games that used to be associated with the early years of the LEGO Mindstorms toyline. One was called Stormrunner I believe, and I don't remember what the other one was called, but you played as a Mindstorms-powered car in a 3-dimensional world trying to track somebody down, I think... I don't remember the premise of the latter too well, but Stormrunner's premise was that you are marooned on an alien planet, and you had to use Mindstorms robots to explore the world outside and escape...? I think? I don't recall exactly if I'm honest about this one, but I recall very distinctly that the user interface was very similar in appearance to the Mindstorms Robotics Invention Systems' native programming environment at the time. Anyway, in both games I was too terrified of basically everything to make any real progress. I eventually made some measure of progress in Stormrunner, but that other game whose title escapes me is probably lost to time. I don't think Stormrunner is playable anymore either.

Edited by Executor Akamia

On 3/26/2020 at 4:06 PM, DC said:

@Executor Akamia  What is your favorite game from your childhood?

MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Really, either of the MechWarrior 4 games apply; Vengeance and its expansion, Black Knight. But Mercenaries had the most 'Mechs to play with, and a certain mod to the game added even more. Unfortunately, you can't get that mod anymore. Or the game. Not legally, anyway.

1 hour ago, DC said:

@Executor Akamia What's your favorite game series of all time?

MechWarrior, and its parent series, BattleTech. I will never get tired of the kind of mech combat MechWarrior offers. It’s the gold standard of mech games as far as I’m concerned. Even at its worst, I still prefer it to whatever competition it may have.