Register Now
kingpotato

Regrets after purchasing a game ?

Any game you regret purchasing ?

My only two regrets where Assassins creed 3 and Fall out New vegas but not because I hated the game, It was because I purchased it digitally at a time when I didnt had enough space on my hard drive for installation and I had to wait around 6 months to play it, As well I found it several times way cheaper in physical disc brand new.

It's silly, but back when Castle Crashers was a big thing, I purchased it with my hard-earned money from doing a crap ton of chores only to have my mom ban me from playing it because it was 'too inappropriate'. Second time was when I bought a handful of Xbox games (can't remember all the titles) only for our Xbox to break a few weeks later and my parents refuse to buy a new one. I've been much more careful since then. 

GREAT topic. I had to really think about it. I had to look over all my vast video game collection. Lol I've always had good luck doing research about games before I buy. That being said, I can give some thoughts:

Watch Dogs 1- Everyone knows what went wrong with this game. Graphics not what they were supposed to be, average story telling, features promised that weren't there. I hear Watch Dogs 2 really improved on things, so maybe I'll check it out one of  these days. Especially, since Watch Dogs 3 is expected to be announced at E3. Anywho.

Mass Effect Andromeda- Yeahhh....the game was broken. I went in before release having low expectations and it hit. Graphically speaking, it was a shIt show. Story was horrible in comparison to the original trilogy. If it was a stand alone title with no other game to compare to.....not a terrible story I suppose. Anyone that has played this game AND the original trilogy, know all about this. If I had bought this for $30 after all the patches, I probably wouldn't have even listed it here.

Call of Duty WWII- I should of known better. Lol. Campaign, especially in comparison to World at War, was super PG and almost romanticized war. Maybe that's just me. Multiplayer was terrible. My first COD since I believe Black Ops 2? And my last since. I. Should. Have. Known. Better. 😂

That's all I got out of my collection of Xbox One and PS4 games. If I still had all my older gen games, I'd probably be able to think of more. I'm sure others will post and remind me. 

Cheers!

Edited by Bargain_Bin_Gaming

5 hours ago, Bargain_Bin_Gaming said:

GREAT topic. I had to really think about it. I had to look over all my vast video game collection. Lol I've always had good luck doing research about games before I buy. That being said, I can give some thoughts:

Watch Dogs 1- Everyone knows what went wrong with this game. Graphics not what they were supposed to be, average story telling, features promised that weren't there. I hear Watch Dogs 2 really improved on things, so maybe I'll check it out one of  these days. Especially, since Watch Dogs 3 is expected to be announced at E3. Anywho.

Mass Effect Andromeda- Yeahhh....the game was broken. I went in before release having low expectations and it hit. Graphically speaking, it was a shIt show. Story was horrible in comparison to the original trilogy. If it was a stand alone title with no other game to compare to.....not a terrible story I suppose. Anyone that has played this game AND the original trilogy, know all about this. If I had bought this for $30 after all the patches, I probably wouldn't have even listed it here.

Call of Duty WWII- I should of known better. Lol. Campaign, especially in comparison to World at War, was super PG and almost romanticized war. Maybe that's just me. Multiplayer was terrible. My first COD since I believe Black Ops 2? And my last since. I. Should. Have. Known. Better. 😂

That's all I got out of my collection of Xbox One and PS4 games. If I still had all my older gen games, I'd probably be able to think of more. I'm sure others will post and remind me. 

Cheers!

I guess we can add World War Z to that list all things considered...

Only game I truly ended up regretting ever purchasing was Condemned: Criminal Origins.

Now,  before I get riots on the streets because I said that. The PC Port of the game is abysmal, it doesn't even have proper controller support and it locks itself on very subpar resolutions. I couldn't even mod it myself to fix it because the game was hardcoded at the time. Thankfully, I got my refund for the game on Steam and didn't really bat an eye ever since.

To be honest, I had never even considered World War II a game I'd ever even buy given that I assumed it wouldn't be good quality and that it would romanticize the war. 

Got to agree with Bargain Bin Gaming above. The first Watch Dogs was milquetoast AF and just boring as hell, too. A game can do many things, but when it's mind-numbingly boring and fails to evoke any emotion in you whatsoever, you know something's gone wrong somewhere. Bought it for full-price as well. Had buyer's remorse so traded it in a few days later. 

7 hours ago, DylanC said:

Got to agree with Bargain Bin Gaming above. The first Watch Dogs was milquetoast AF and just boring as hell, too. A game can do many things, but when it's mind-numbingly boring and fails to evoke any emotion in you whatsoever, you know something's gone wrong somewhere. Bought it for full-price as well. Had buyer's remorse so traded it in a few days later. 

I felt for Watchdogs to, damn that game was boring as hell.

16 hours ago, Bargain_Bin_Gaming said:

I think I will skip on Watch Dogs 2 , you are right I also heard a lot of great things about Watchdogs 2, but then again thats how I felt for Watchdogs in the first place 😆

21 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Any game you regret purchasing ?

My only two regrets where Assassins creed 3 and Fall out New vegas but not because I hated the game, It was because I purchased it digitally at a time when I didnt had enough space on my hard drive for installation and I had to wait around 6 months to play it, As well I found it several times way cheaper in physical disc brand new.

My regrets likewise concern formats more than anything. I don't regret buying Dragon Age Origins ... but I do regret that when I went back to the game store a week later, I found a copy of the version with all the DLC included for the same price. That would've saved me like $40.

52 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

My regrets likewise concern formats more than anything. I don't regret buying Dragon Age Origins ... but I do regret that when I went back to the game store a week later, I found a copy of the version with all the DLC included for the same price. That would've saved me like $40.

My condolences I know that feeling 😆

So I have purchased this game named Lost Journey on android. And that it was running on promo price. I managed to finish 1 level and was forced to buy those in purchase items. And it was kind of painful to solve the puzzle due to that part. So I just asked for refund and it does worked. 

There have been 2 for me. Solar Jetman on NES, and another I can't remember the title of that was on PS3. I hated Solar Jetman because with the slightest touch of the D-pad the fucking thing would spin uncontrollably. There wasn't shit you could do with the damn thing. And that was when I was a kid and spent $50 on the damn game. The PS3 game, I took it back about 30 minutes after I bought it. OMG it was the worst video game ever imagined in the history of gaming. I played a new game file FF8 nonstop until I was at the end of the 3rd disc, just to get that damn game out of my head. Needless to say, that burn me out on FF8 for several months. But it did the trick.