Register Now

So, I've been thinking. I need some more friends who play this game. Conquering the stars alone can be, well, lonely, even for a machine intelligence such as myself.

@UleTheVee owns the game. This I know for a fact. However, he has never played to my knowledge, and even if he has, he's always been a bit skittish when it comes to playing these types of games with me.

I wanna know who else plays, though. Maybe we could arrange a thing. I have almost all the DLC; the only ones I'm missing are Leviathans, Distant Stars, and MegaCorp. I tend to play mod-free, but if we can all agree on maybe a small set of mods, then everything should be fine there. But that's getting ahead of ourselves.

Anyone else play?

Just now, Executor Akamia said:

@UleTheVee owns the game. This I know for a fact. However, he has never played to my knowledge, and even if he has, he's always been a bit skittish when it comes to playing these types of games with me.

Why do you have to rope me in this kind of thing.

Look man, I just am not fit to do RTS thingies :'c

2 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

I mean, this isn't StarCraft... 😆

Stellaris has more going on than most RTS games, mostly due to being a 4X game more than an RTS game. It's not a contest to see who can kill everyone else unless you're playing an empire that specifically has that goal, like a Fanatical Purifier, Devouring Swarm, or to a lesser extent, Determined Exterminators and Driven Assimilators. There's exploration and politics too. lol

11 minutes ago, Executor Akamia said:

I mean, this isn't StarCraft... 😆

Stellaris has more going on than most RTS games, mostly due to being a 4X game more than an RTS game. It's not a contest to see who can kill everyone else unless you're playing an empire that specifically has that goal, like a Fanatical Purifier, Devouring Swarm, or to a lesser extent, Determined Exterminators and Driven Assimilators. There's exploration and politics too. lol

In other words, I care even less about playing Stellaris than before :v

So, Patch 2.3 released this morning with the Ancient Relics story pack! That means two new Precursor empires can be discovered, and archaeology in general has been greatly expanded upon. I've not yet tried the story pack myself, but I'm honestly looking forward to seeing how it works out!

On 4/16/2019 at 11:00 PM, UleTheVee said:

I'm not that invested in RTS games either and that's why I have never played games like Eve online among others.

12 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

This can't be played on PS3, can it? Because it looks like something I would play if I could 😕

I... don't know. I know there's an Xbox release, but that's several versions behind the PC release. If there is a Playstation version, it probably got similar treatment.