Register Now
DylanC

Who's excited for PS5?

4 hours ago, SpaceExplorer said:

I'll take SSD over HDD any day. Much faster and reliable. The specs seem really good and I might finally buy a console that's not handheld because of it.

Not to mention that SSDs themselves have become cheaper thanks to the existence of NVMe technology (AKA People flocked to those because they are supposedly faster or something)

15 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Not to mention that SSDs themselves have become cheaper thanks to the existence of NVMe technology (AKA People flocked to those because they are supposedly faster or something)

They are much faster. It's very noticeable when starting up the computer. I was just doing new Windows 10 installation on my friend's laptop on an HDD and jeez does it take a while for the thing to boot up. Reminded myself why I'm never going back to those except maybe for large file storage.

8 hours ago, SpaceExplorer said:

They are much faster. It's very noticeable when starting up the computer. I was just doing new Windows 10 installation on my friend's laptop on an HDD and jeez does it take a while for the thing to boot up. Reminded myself why I'm never going back to those except maybe for large file storage.

HDDs are basically there for that purpose. But now that NVMe SSD's exist, the current SSDs are going to be lower in price as well which means more storage

On 4/17/2019 at 8:10 AM, DylanC said:

Glad to hear that backwards compatibility is confirmed now. How'd you all feel about the specs and the focus on SSD over a mechanical hard-drive?

Backwards compatibility doesn't excite me to much however, the specs are whats gonna end up making me purchase it. The SSD for PC is already expensive and packed with lightning fast loading times. So it will be interesting to see how it performs in a console.

The only time that even the slightest bit of consideration for getting a PS5 is if/when a series I'm a fan of comes out and is only playable on the PS5. For example I'm a huge GoW nut. And I'm sure that eventually there will be a GoW on PS5. But it all depends on whether it holds any interest for me. GoW on PS4 was not, in my opinion, worth the money. It just wasn't a good game to me. So I'll be extremely wary of the next few releases.