Register Now
DylanC

Games you love that no-one else likes?

Fallout 76 is not that bad... I mean its definitively not the best mmo but I have played it and I can confirm is not as bad as everyone thinks. (I wouldn't buy it though..😆)

For me it has to be Fifa or WWE games, I mean they are still very popular but whenever I mention these games with hardcore gamers they try to crucify me 😂, Yeah they are same thing every year but they are still fun to play.

Basically all the games I like are games that hardcore gamers would burn me at the stake for liking. I'm still fond of Minecraft, though I don't play it obsessively like I used to and a lot of the Wii games I grew up with I still love, not particularly for the quality of the game, it's more of the memories they bring.

23 hours ago, Darya said:

Basically all the games I like are games that hardcore gamers would burn me at the stake for liking. I'm still fond of Minecraft, though I don't play it obsessively like I used to and a lot of the Wii games I grew up with I still love, not particularly for the quality of the game, it's more of the memories they bring.

21 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

I still enjoy Minecraft, although I don't play it as compulsively as I used to when I was a teenage boy.

I grew up with the video game and I still love it now! Not especially for the game's contents, it's more about the memories it brings back... 

Guys, I play Minecraft all the time with my daughter. Still a great game imho.

One of them for me would by Friday The 13th on NES. It bombed hard with both movie fans and gamers, but I love it. Also it's been my understanding that FF8 wasn't exactly popular.

Off the top of my head that's all I can think of. I'll check my game list tomorrow when I get up and maybe I'll be able to come up with a couple others.

Hexen on N64 is a possible one. It seems that almost no one knows about it, and the ones that do thought it was stupid. But me being a fantasy nut, I loved it. But then Blaster Master also falls into that category as well. It's a virtually unknown game. And the ones I've shown it to said that it made no sense and looked like a total waste of time. One that I also enjoy the hell out of, that wasn't too popular just due to its difficulty is Zelda 2: The Adventure Of Link. A lot of people hated it just because it was so hard. It's become somewhat of a cult classic these days among classic gamers, and old geezers like me. It actually does seem like I'm the oldest one here. A lot of people said Banjo Kazooie was the dumbest kids game ever invented, but I love it as well.

Edited by The Blackangel

Final Fantasy 8 - I'm not sure why it gets so much hate from most of the FF community but I love the story, the characters, and the gameplay. FF9 was the one I found really distasteful and it doesn't get half the amount of hate despite having more or less the same features of FF8.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Final Fantasy 8 - I'm not sure why it gets so much hate from most of the FF community but I love the story, the characters, and the gameplay. FF9 was the one I found really distasteful and it doesn't get half the amount of hate despite having more or less the same features of FF8.

I know. FF8 is my absolute favorite of the entire series. personally I hated FF7 and FF9. I thought 7 just sucked all around, and 9 was just too damn cartooney to me. if I wanted to play a cartoon game, then I would put a cartoon game in.

There's a ton of hate for Dead Space 3, and coming off of the first two I kinda get it, but taken as it is, a co-op action horror shooter, it's a damn good time. It achieved what Capcom failed to do with RE6. 

I really dug the weapon customization system. My brother and I running around with Rocket Launchers tied to grenade launchers never got old. 

On 4/19/2019 at 9:20 PM, The Blackangel said:

I know. FF8 is my absolute favorite of the entire series. personally I hated FF7 and FF9. I thought 7 just sucked all around, and 9 was just too damn cartooney to me. if I wanted to play a cartoon game, then I would put a cartoon game in.

I enjoyed the 7th one - it's the 9th one I can't stand - Yuck!

On 4/18/2019 at 6:26 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

I still enjoy Minecraft, although I don't play it as compulsively as I used to when I was a teenage boy.

I grew up with the video game and I still love it now! Not especially for the game's contents, it's more about the memories it brings back... 

Me too! my cousin and I play this one every once in a while