Register Now
UleTheVee

Tencent is Reportedly Making a Gaming Smartphone

Oh my god. I get gaming laptops, but not too sure if a 'gaming phone' is going to be a great idea. Unless you have an absolute garbage phone, current smartphones are just fine for the games that they offer.

2 hours ago, Darya said:

Oh my god. I get gaming laptops, but not too sure if a 'gaming phone' is going to be a great idea. Unless you have an absolute garbage phone, current smartphones are just fine for the games that they offer.

Not really, a lot of phones can't properly run games at 60 FPS and gaming phones are supposedly engineered to prevent this.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

These gaming smartphones are a gimmick - they offer very negligible performance over standard smartphones during gaming but overheat way faster and the accessories for these phones are ridiculously expensive.

I am with you on this one. Not only that, but it's tencent that's making it, I'm pretty sure it has a lot of programs that send user data to CHina or something.

4 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

Not really, a lot of phones can't properly run games at 60 FPS and gaming phones are supposedly engineered to prevent this.

I am with you on this one. Not only that, but it's tencent that's making it, I'm pretty sure it has a lot of programs that send user data to CHina or something.

They aren't even a reputable phone brand either so I expect it to be absolute crap.

On 8/28/2019 at 1:22 AM, skyfire said:

I wonder where is tencent on this part. I mean they have yet to update any form of the news on their site regarding this. I hope they launch something like blackshark. 

I mean, they aren't exactly known for their smartphones and gaming smartphones are even mroe difficult to make because they add all kinds of useless gimmicks to these phones so they may have ran into some issues.

I think they will be outsourcing this to some chinese company obviously. Now that we are facing this china bully issue all over the world. It'd be good if some day the norway folks start the production in their own grounds and give the world some good phones for gamers.