Register Now
kingpotato

Games that need an HD remake

What games deserve an HD remake ? I'm talking about only a visual remake not a full remake like on Resident evil 2

For me it has to be GTA San Andreas, the game has been sold multiple times over the years with "improve  graphics" buts just basically the same game with more light. this game definitively needs an HD remake.

6 hours ago, Bravosi said:

I don't know, the old graphics have their own charm that HD wont "change"

I mean, that's debatable. Yes, some older games lower quality graphics is what makes that game so good, others just have horrible graphics for whatever reason and could really be made better.

On 4/19/2019 at 7:17 AM, Darya said:

I mean, that's debatable. Yes, some older games lower quality graphics is what makes that game so good, others just have horrible graphics for whatever reason and could really be made better.

True for example most ps2 and original Xbox games by today standards have bad 3d graphics so they deserve an HD remake, for example Halo 1 and 2 got an HD remake, same game but with Xbox One graphics, the graphics on these games where not bad in the original xbox but they sure look better now.

I think games like house of dead, return to castle wolfestein, bioshock 1 and lot of small titles in the 90s would be better with the remake. I think lot of horror games in past can be remade and added with new sound and the HD would be good. In fact purely changing the look and feel with the graphics redone is required on many parts. 

An HD remake is sometimes a good idea for some games, as it makes the game clearer and easier to play. You can see what's going on better. But there are some games that lose their complete attraction when redrawn. For example take Ocarina. I play it on an N64 console. I love it. But when they redrew it for the 3DS it was smooth as a baby's ass. The graphics were fully polished, there were no hard corners (think great faery), and it was almost realistic. I couldn't play it. It just turned me off. But there are games I wouldn't object to seeing an HD remake, just for the sole purpose of seeing what they come up with. Some side scrolling games like Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night would be interesting, as long as it remains in the realm of theory. But as has already been said, there are just some games that an HD remake would be an abomination.

The game that is similar to castlevania is Nun attacks. Side scrolling. And also it was a good with graphics. I wish if they make 3D and the remastered version with FPS style exploration it can be something like serious sam. 

On 4/19/2019 at 3:50 PM, Bravosi said:

I don't know, the old graphics have their own charm that HD wont "change"

Slightly disagree. It's real that old graphics game have their own charm, and it can be enhance by HD. I believe in "Gameplay over graphics", but "Old game with enhanced graphics" is one of the greatest gift we will ever received.

On 4/22/2019 at 2:53 PM, Bravosi said:

Just came to my mind, maybe some old 2d games?

Lot of options on that so that's why OP is being specific, which are some of those 2D games. There are many 2D games which are good as it is which does not need to be remastered.