Register Now
kingpotato

Have you ever owned a special edition Console or Controller?

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be honest, Special Edition consoles/controllers are all about nostalgia - they usually don't provide any real benefit over the original hardware. It's definitely not worth the money.

I have to agree with your post. The only difference between normal and special edition is cosmetics. Appearance doesn't matter in any aspect of video gaming and is a complete waste of your hard earned cash. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be honest, Special Edition consoles/controllers are all about nostalgia - they usually don't provide any real benefit over the original hardware. It's definitely not worth the money.

5 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

I have to agree with your post. The only difference between normal and special edition is cosmetics. Appearance doesn't matter in any aspect of video gaming and is a complete waste of your hard earned cash. 

You both hit the nail on the head. Most of the special edition consoles are merely a different colored machine. It affects gameplay in no way. Maybe it will be a collectors item in 30 years, but that's a long time to wait to make $50. Controllers on the other hand can be a little different. The fighting controller I had could be an asset to the ones that are hardcore fighting game nuts. Or it could be a hinderance. The one I had was the Japanese version, but here's a pic of the same controller.

49.jpg

@The Blackangel Xbox one has a customizable Xbox one controller for $149 and all it does is give you the ability to swap out a smaller joystick/D-pad/buttons for larger ones -_-. Then a guy online had the nerve to say it was worth the costs...This is why I tend to stick to the smaller tech Youtubers because at least most of them are more honest and unbiased in their reviews of such items and calling them out for what they really are.

On 4/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, killamch89 said:

they look nice though, but yeah they are expensive and dont provide any upgrade on the hardware.

5 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

they look nice though, but yeah they are expensive and dont provide any upgrade on the hardware.

I agree that they look pretty great most times but I find it odd why would a slight variation of an original piece of hardware can cost up to $100 dollars more.