Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you listen to video game music when you're not playing games?

Yes, I have an exclusive playlist for that, haha! 

My friends say this is a little bit of an exaggeration because supposedly these songs only serve while we're playing the game (which I totally disagree, haha... after all, there are sounds that are epic and deserve to be heard in real-life moments).

I think listening to music kind of sets the tone for me while playing the games. It can get pretty interesting while playing the survival game. So it's definitely something I would take except puzzle games that is where I avoid music. 

yes i do, i have a great appreciation for video game music, probably even more so when it comes to retro gaming, with its hardware and other limitations, that the composers had to work with, yet so many memorable and fantastic tunes, this isn't to say i don't also appreciate modern video game music, i do, but i still think it's amazing some of the music that the NES for instance was capable of, just listen to some of the Sunsoft NES game soundtracks, take Journey to Silius for example, and consider that this is an NES game, Here is just one track from that game.

Spoiler

There are some really good channels on the youtube where some old EDM music is hosted. For example trance classics. Channels like those can be worth listening to when it comes to listening to music while playing games.