Register Now
Alexander.

Fishing

I used to fish. It was mostly bass and catfish. Maybe a blue gill if I ended up with one on the line. Two things keep me from picking up a rod anymore.

1) I'm stuck in a wheelchair, and there's no place to fish around here that I could go with a dock to fish off of safely.
2) I lost interest a long time ago.

Used to fish back in the day with my brother. We used to fish both sea and freshwater, though we’d mostly fish down the pond near our house. We’d coursefish and used to ledger, which is using a weight to keep the hook at the bottom of the lake. Was fun. But I hated the part of setting up my rod at the beginning. I think I’m just prett impatient, lol.

Oh, and we used to mostly catch roach, bream, carp and perch.

Edited by DylanC

I was taught how to fish when I was 3. I went to the pond with, I think it was my drunk piece of shit father, and had an interesting thing happen. I have one of those little 3' long snoopy poles. He told me that what you do is push down the button then throw it in. he didn't say anything else about how to do it, so I pushed down the button then threw the rod in the pond. I was standing there wondering how you catch fish when you do that. I looked at him and then he threw me in the pond and yelled at me to find my pole. I'm not getting into what happened after that.

On 7/4/2019 at 7:42 PM, The Blackangel said:

I was taught how to fish when I was 3. I went to the pond with, I think it was my drunk piece of shit father, and had an interesting thing happen. I have one of those little 3' long snoopy poles. He told me that what you do is push down the button then throw it in. he didn't say anything else about how to do it, so I pushed down the button then threw the rod in the pond. I was standing there wondering how you catch fish when you do that. I looked at him and then he threw me in the pond and yelled at me to find my pole. I'm not getting into what happened after that.

That's a pretty horrible story and my dad used to drink and smoke a lot before I was born but he cut it out completely. My dad is also screw-up who only cared about his public image and stroking his personal ego but never cared for his family.

Fishing is a game for those who can be patience. There is a lateral line in the body of fish, that help the fish to determine sound. So if you want to go fishing you don't make noise, or else they tends to move away from the hook you set for them.