Register Now
kingpotato

So apparently Days gone is not that good.

I have finished Days Gone! Overall, it's a pretty great game. I do have some mixed feelings though, but I'll state what I loved first. The gameplay was very impressive; the scenery was beautiful and comparable to The Last of Us. I though the story was really good, but the presentation of the story was many times corny because of the lines they spoke. For some reason though, this game continued to get better and better as the game progressed as if the developer management was changed or something. Or maybe it just grew on me. Even the story itself got really intense. I thought they didn't have a good sense of time, because you can talk to someone and finish a mission, wait a couple seconds and talk to the same person and they act as if they haven't seen you in days. It took a while in the story to upgrade the bike to the good stuff including a gas tank that holds more gas. But in all, I actually loved it, with a few eye rolls here and there lol. It's still a good one. Not one I'll forget anytime soon. Was fun riding that bike around through an apocalypse. 

On 3/19/2021 at 9:01 PM, skyfire said:

I kind of see a lot of people on the streaming these days playing the days gone. It's not bad to be honest. I guess some people have their own way of liking and not liking the game. 

It's not that bad, if you ask me. I still don't understand people that claim Days Gone is terrible and not cool to play.

It's really not that bad, especially after a couple of patches. Remember, a lot of reviewers played the game pre-Day 1 patch. Honestly, Sony should've waited for the patch to be ready before sending out review codes for the game. Days Gone is pretty underrated imho.

Edited by DylanC

I haven't played it myself, but I hear it's a really competent game and is fun for the time is lasts. But I think the hype kinda hurt it, because people made it out like it'd be some masterpiece, when it was just a good zombie action game. It was no Last of Us, as I think that's what they were trying to kinda go for. Also, I heard the story is kinda dumb, but I can't judge on that. 

On 3/7/2022 at 2:01 PM, Kane99 said:

I haven't played it myself, but I hear it's a really competent game and is fun for the time is lasts. But I think the hype kinda hurt it, because people made it out like it'd be some masterpiece, when it was just a good zombie action game. It was no Last of Us, as I think that's what they were trying to kinda go for. Also, I heard the story is kinda dumb, but I can't judge on that. 

I actually think the gameplay and scenery is as good as The Last of Us. It actually reminds me of it a bit. The story itself surprised me a bunch of times. It could have been a masterpiece on the level of The Last of Us with a little more work on character lines. I think the right word to use is cliche at times. But it gets better as the story progresses. A must try game.