Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that were too short?

Castlevania: SOTN. It goes by in the blink of an eye. You follow the same path thru the first castle, then in the invert there's only 5 of the bosses you're required to beat to finish the game. He'll you don't even have to go to the invert to beat the game in one way. Just kill Richter and you're done. But if you kill him you don't get the invert. So I always use a holy sword when I fight him since he's immune but Shaft isn't.

Either way you choose, the game is just too damn short. Still fun as hell, but too short.

Edited by The Blackangel

18 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Castlevania: SOTN. It goes by in the blink of an eye. You follow the same path thru the first castle, then in the invert there's only 5 of the bosses you're required to beat to finish the game. He'll you don't even have to go to the invert to beat the game in one way. Just kill Richter and you're done. But if you kill him you don't get the invert. So I always use a holy sword when I fight him since he's immune but Shaft isn't.

Either way you choose, the game is just too damn short. Still fun as hell, but too short.

How many hours does it take to beat?

Obviously Skyrim can be played for an endless number of hours basically, and has hundreds of side quests, but I would have loved for the main quest line to be longer. If you're goal oriented you can play through that pretty fast. And I wasn't good at pacing myself (being responsible for saving the world is serious business and must be completed 😄 ).  

The thing that still baffles me about Castlevania SOTN is why can't Alucard just kill Dracula himself. I mean, based on what was said in the game is that his powers were comparable to Dracula's without any of his weaknesses - Dracula himself considered Alucard the ultimate companion in war.

Metal Gear Revengeance is also pretty short because it only took me 4 days to beat the game on its hardest difficulty - it is an awesome game in its own right which strays a bit from the typical Metal Gear style of combat but it is just as satisfying. The characters are amazing although I think the story was a bit lacking (not a surprise since Kojima wasn't involved in the production of this one).

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

If you're talking about the old MDK game on PC you're definitely right. It's a " dum de dum de dum, BOINK!" roll credits. Wait did I play a game or did I just make a list of names?

Aye that one. To its credit though the levels never feel repetitive and it has a bunch of variety in its short playtime.