Register Now
StaceyPowers

"Games as movies"

On 6/5/2019 at 9:14 PM, kingpotato said:

Yeah that will be nice, like a prequel to Bioshock 1, or if by any miracle a Bioshock game based on a prequel but sadly Irrational Games is long gone.

Yes, sadly I think we will never see a new Bioshock game again. I'd like to know what Ken Levine is working on these days though.

36 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Yes, sadly I think we will never see a new Bioshock game again. I'd like to know what Ken Levine is working on these days though.

You should be glad EA isn't planning a new Bioshock because they'd find some way to turn this brilliant series into a battle-royale (I'm not even kidding). Dead Space and Dead Space 2 were also brilliant games but EA had to shut down Visceral Studios.

I think even the darksiders can make a good movie. It's already a good plot and if they make real live action movie that would be really good. I don't know about the interest from others though. I am up for bioshock and darksiders becoming movie. 

Mortal Kombat would also make a great movie and the old Mortal Kombat movies and TV series were okay but I'd like to see brand new movies that make use of more modern technology. To be fair, the first Mortal Kombat movie was pretty awesome because it had everything - characters, action and entertainment.

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

Mortal kombat though lacked in story after 1st movie. That turned out to be more or less B grade movies with cheap actors and bad graphics. 

No - the story was there for the first movie but it was pretty bland and bad executed as well. The graphics at the time were state-of-the-art so visually it wasn't worse than some of the best movies during that period.

On 7/6/2019 at 11:05 PM, killamch89 said:

No - the story was there for the first movie but it was pretty bland and bad executed as well. The graphics at the time were state-of-the-art so visually it wasn't worse than some of the best movies during that period.

I was referring to the MK 2 and other movies that came out which were pretty much B grade quality. 

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

I was referring to the MK 2 and other movies that came out which were pretty much B grade quality. 

Yeah, you're right about the other movies and the tv series that came after - they were lacking in quality.

Walking dead game series are based from the TV show that is made into a game that is fun to do. You play the game and making a option and a choice and whatever you make or decided then it chnages how the story becomes. Like if you had to choice who to kill can impect the story 🙂