Register Now
Excalibur

Sega Genesis Mini

Who's is interested in the Sega Genesis Mini?  It's coming out in September and will cost $80. The game lineup so far looks good, it will include 40 games, with half of them already announced.

List of games so far...
- Ecco the Dolphin
- Castlevania: Bloodlines
- Space Harrier 2
- Shining Force
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
- Toe Jam & Earl
- Comix Zone
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Altered Beast
- Gunstar Heroes
- Earthworm Jim
- Castle of Illusion
- Shinobi III
- Contra: Hard Corps
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- World of Illusion
- Thunder Force III
- Super Fantasy Zone
- Streets of Rage 2
- Landstalker

http://genesismini.sega.com/

Edited by Excalibur

2 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

Surprised it's not designed by AtGames. Guess it remains to be seen how good the emulation is but this better be on par with the SNES Mini and NES Mini...

The AtGames ones were pretty bad, this one has potential though as its being made by Sega themselves, i look forward to seeing the rest of the included games, as for the emulation, I'm not too worried, i hear M2 is handling the emulation, and they are the ones who made the Sega ages and other classic ports for various platforms, so i think that part shouldn't be an issue, but we shall see.

7 hours ago, Excalibur said:

The AtGames ones were pretty bad, this one has potential though as its being made by Sega themselves, i look forward to seeing the rest of the included games, as for the emulation, I'm not too worried, i hear M2 is handling the emulation, and they are the ones who made the Sega ages and other classic ports for various platforms, so i think that part shouldn't be an issue, but we shall see.

Now, I know that sounds a bit cliche but I am gonna wait until the full release and hope for the best in the meantime

49 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

Yeah looking at how Sony botched the PS Classic I'm holding my breath until it's out.

Sony clearly rushed out the PS Classic, i think they had dollar signs in their eyes after seeing the success of Nintendo's NES and SNES Classic consoles and wanted a quick cash in. It's a shame too, a proper PS Classic could have been really good.

2 minutes ago, Excalibur said:

Sony clearly rushed out the PS Classic, i think they had dollar signs in their eyes after seeing the success of Nintendo's NES and SNES Classic consoles and wanted a quick cash in. It's a shame too, a proper PS Classic could have been really good.

Saving grace though is that it's extremely easy to hack.

Just now, Alyxx said:

Saving grace though is that it's extremely easy to hack.

That's true, it might be worth picking up for that reason but the same can be said for the NES and SNES Classic as well, At least in terms of how easy it is to add more games to it yourself.