Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you do when you get totally stuck in a game?

I am totally stuck in Dragon Age II right now on the fight with the Arishok. I have the game on casual mode and I still keep dying repeatedly.

As I search for strategies to deal with it, I’m wondering what you all you usually do if you get ridiculously stuck in a game.

Do you take a break for a few days (or weeks)? Do you keep at it until you have gotten past the obstacle? Do you look up written strategies? Watch videos? Ask your friends how they beat it? Lower the difficulty mode?

Rinse and repeat or different strategies, Walkthroughs online are the easy solution but if its a game I like I try to do it on my own.

For example one time while starting Skyrim again I had the bright idea of starting on Legendary difficulty, needless to say the first Overlord draugr was beating my ass no matter what I did. But a few rooms back on the dungeon there where several traps such as a oil on the floor and swinging blades so I just lured him with arrows until I got him trapped with the swinging blades. It was very cowardly of the Dragonborn but worth it.

I think taking help of another friend can be one solution that helps most of the people. And In my case I make sure to avoid being stuck. I also watch the gameplay videos and get things going for most of the time. 

If I get so hopelessly stuck that I feel like I've run out of options for myself, I look online for a walkthrough to see if I missed something, often expecting the solution to be something obvious and make me look like an idiot.

Edited by Executor Akamia

@kingpotato Lol, I played Skyrim for a while on Legendary mode, because I'm stubborn and felt like I just had to prove to myself I could do it. I remember some of the dragon fights taking me like half an hour, largely consisting of hiding behind trees or pillars and dodging around and around them to stay out of the line of fire. Needless to say, I dropped it back down to Expert or whatever eventually, and haven't budged the setting since.

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

@kingpotato Lol, I played Skyrim for a while on Legendary mode, because I'm stubborn and felt like I just had to prove to myself I could do it. I remember some of the dragon fights taking me like half an hour, largely consisting of hiding behind trees or pillars and dodging around and around them to stay out of the line of fire. Needless to say, I dropped it back down to Expert or whatever eventually, and haven't budged the setting since.

Yeah Legendary difficulty is for more advanced levels, I had the same issue with the first Dragon you encounter on Whiterun same thing running around and eating food, it wasnt even a battle more like a massacre 😆,  I just decided to drop the difficulty, Legendary is to much for me at low levels

I picked up playing Zelda: Oracle Of Ages recently and got more than stuck at one point just before finding the entrance to the 4th dungeon. I had the tuni nut, but couldn't figure out how to get to the asshole that fixes it, and was completely stuck. The walkthroughs I found online didn't help. Even zeldadungeon.com didn't help. So I finally said fuck it, and bought a players guide off eBay. That, FINALLY cleared up what the hell I was supposed to do. I have no intention of using the guide unless I get stuck like that again. Like I've said in other posts, I like a challenge, but I don't like being stuck with no way out.

I usually just go do other things and a solution just comes to me in a random moment. I make sure to jot it down and then when I start playing said game I execute my strategy. Either that or I try some crazy outlandish thing that nobody else wouldn't and I end up finding the answer sometimes.