Register Now
StaceyPowers

Who do you admire in the gaming industry?

Since I don't keep in track of their reviews all the time, even forgot about the names of those YouTube gaming channels, that's my bad. Their is no doubt, IGN, Watch-mojo, PopularMMOs, VanossGaming channels have done their best feeding us with reviews and quality update around gaming, I appreciate their hard work. I hope to be one in the future. 

41 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Since I don't keep in track of their reviews all the time, even forgot about the names of those YouTube gaming channels, that's my bad. Their is no doubt, IGN, Watch-mojo, PopularMMOs, VanossGaming channels have done their best feeding us with reviews and quality update around gaming, I appreciate their hard work. I hope to be one in the future. 

WatchMojo isn't strictly a video game review YouTube channel but they have done so well in the games they have picked up and reviewed. So, they can't be left out with that in mind. 

10 minutes ago, Heatman said:

WatchMojo isn't strictly a video game review YouTube channel but they have done so well in the games they have picked up and reviewed. So, they can't be left out with that in mind. 

You're correct, they aren't strictly into video games, I'll call it something of a general niche, the channel owner talks on diverse niches via the channel. But for the fact that, the channel discusses about gaming, it is recommended to include them here, and applaud their hard working for the information they share to us. 

Admiring is a big word to use but to me their is only one developer that i have the biggest respect for and that's Yu Suzuki , the man and his games shaped me greatly not only as a gamer but as a person. I had the pleasure of meeting and shaking hands with the man, first time i had the feeling i'm not worthy of your time and he was also kind enough to sign a copy of F355 challenge for me. Too bad we never toke pictures together would have been a great memo for me to keep.

On 5/19/2022 at 9:04 AM, Justin11 said:

You're correct, they aren't strictly into video games, I'll call it something of a general niche, the channel owner talks on diverse niches via the channel. But for the fact that, the channel discusses about gaming, it is recommended to include them here, and applaud their hard working for the information they share to us. 

Most of the video games that I have played which I had their reviews checked out on WatchMojo was very helpful, otherwise I wouldn't have made a good decision with some of my game's purchase.

It's practically the reason why I wouldn't forget the channel in a haste. 

On 5/20/2022 at 2:40 PM, Heatman said:

Most of the video games that I have played which I had their reviews checked out on WatchMojo was very helpful, otherwise I wouldn't have made a good decision with some of my game's purchase.

It's practically the reason why I wouldn't forget the channel in a haste. 

You shouldn't delist the name of the YouTube channel, because you've been promoting them here ever since I came here, you and boblee made me to know about the channel. 

On 5/21/2022 at 7:24 PM, Justin11 said:

You shouldn't delist the name of the YouTube channel, because you've been promoting them here ever since I came here, you and boblee made me to know about the channel. 

Delist WatchMojo? No, that's not the case or what I was trying to say. Rather, I give them praise for what they have done for me ever since I came across them in making use of game's reviews. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

Delist WatchMojo? No, that's not the case or what I was trying to say. Rather, I give them praise for what they have done for me ever since I came across them in making use of game's reviews. 

Yeah, it was just an opinion I knew you wouldn't take into action, because Watch-mojo have been a revelation since you learnt about them. 

3 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

I can't appreciate George R. R Martin enough for all his works in the gaming industry especially with his contributions in the making of Elden Ring. 

It's not even only Elden Ring that he contributed in with his works in video games but Game of Thrones as well. He's indeed a great figure in the gaming industry. 

It's good that the business is getting a bad rep for these things lately; maybe it'll flatten out the job openings. Also -- with any profession -- there's going to be hurdles like this. These hurdles are what weed out the people who don't want to put in the effort. If you're able to take each of the annoyances as yet-another challenge, then you're right for the job.

28 minutes ago, Empire said:

It's good that the business is getting a bad rep for these things lately; maybe it'll flatten out the job openings. Also -- with any profession -- there's going to be hurdles like this. These hurdles are what weed out the people who don't want to put in the effort. If you're able to take each of the annoyances as yet-another challenge, then you're right for the job.

tenor.gif

Tyler Blevins, George R. R Martin, might be influential when it comes to video game, but I don't take inspiration from them while playing video games. I've been a gamer since my childhood, I didn't know about this figures when I started it was only when I came of age, and I started browsing about influential celebrities who enjoys playing games, that's when I discovered this names and others that aren't included. 

8 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I can't appreciate George R. R Martin enough for all his works in the gaming industry especially with his contributions in the making of Elden Ring. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's not even only Elden Ring that he contributed in with his works in video games but Game of Thrones as well. He's indeed a great figure in the gaming industry. 

1 hour ago, Head_Hunter said:

Tyler Blevins, George R. R Martin, might be influential when it comes to video game, but I don't take inspiration from them while playing video games. I've been a gamer since my childhood, I didn't know about this figures when I started it was only when I came of age, and I started browsing about influential celebrities who enjoys playing games, that's when I discovered this names and others that aren't included. 

I'm not going to question anyone's admiration for George R.R. Martin, if that's how you feel then that's how you feel and I'm not going to disrespect that viewpoint from anyone, gut I genuinely do not get where that is coming from. In his entire life, his resume in the game industry reads he co-wrote one game, and that is literally it. And that was a game that only just released in that last few months. Game of Thrones and the books it's based on have no connection to any video game at all. Honestly, that admiration could be placed at the feet of Andrzej Sapkowski (Author of The Witcher series) and it would as much sense, and that's a man who has publicly disrespected video games as medium. True, Gorge R.R. Martin hasn't done that, but he has himself admitted he has no personal relationship with video games and could count the amount he has played on one hand.

Sorry @Aniekwe and @Heatman, but it doesn't make sense to admire this man for his "contribution" to video games.