Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you miss most about older games?

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

If you attack me at every opportunity the way this piece of shit has been doing, I will eventually get vicious. I'm not the type of woman who takes this bullshit lightly.

Except I never attacked you. All of this time I just talked and offered counter points and disproven yours when needed. Like I said, what you hate the most is dissenting opinion and people who aren't going to allow you pass off misinformation as fact. Honestly? That's a very awful attitude from you.

I never claimed to be superior than you, you did. I never insulted your intelligence, you did. You literally acted the worst way because your points were debunked. You just can't admit you were wrong. By the way, I did some more digging, the only way you could've gotten to play II and III were either by reproduction carts or imports. So yeah, those could be reproduction carts.

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think simplicity and amount of less complexity in the information is what people miss. Now a days games are forcefully online. And offline approach is less preferred. Campaign games don't do much in the gaming from what I have learned in my experience. 

AAAAAAHHHHH

Yeah, you got me now.

However, I think that people do enjoy how games have become more social thanks to the evolution of gaming. The introduction of co-op in games like Dead Rising has giuven players a new way to experience the game in a much better way than before. Not only that, but the socialization of games has been the focal point behind their growth and appeal to massive audiences.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If you attack me at every opportunity the way this piece of shit has been doing, I will eventually get vicious. I'm not the type of woman who takes this bullshit lightly.

Taking him on in a public forum is not the way to go about it, believe me...

On 5/2/2019 at 1:06 AM, DylanC said:

I liked it when you bought a game and got the whole game, instead of having to wait for devs to fix stuff via patches.

Exactly! and don't forget the patches for those patches so that the original patches actually function. Some gaming companies cannot be bothered to take the time to fix the issues in their games before release *cough* Bethesda *cough* and have to rely on the modding community to do it. Then they turn around and treat the modders like criminals.

12 hours ago, Bravosi said:

Aye, having DLCs is terrible. It's also a pro for older games!

I think DLC is bad for the people who prefer to go offline longer. And they are kind of hating the regular updates and on the fly patches. But then again the gaming is going cloud which we can't change. 

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

@UleTheVee Ahh, the days before micro-transactions. That indeed is a thing well worth missing.

I also miss those days - most games released nowadays cost an arm and a leg to even get any enjoyment out of them. This micro-transaction thing really started to gain momentum as far back as 2011 with games like Dead Space and some MMORPGs.

On 5/5/2019 at 12:40 PM, killamch89 said:

I also miss those days - most games released nowadays cost an arm and a leg to even get any enjoyment out of them. This micro-transaction thing really started to gain momentum as far back as 2011 with games like Dead Space and some MMORPGs.

My earliest bad experiences with microtransactions where clear back in like 2002-2003.