Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you like handheld consoles?

I've always had some type handheld console Gameboy, GBA, NDS and 2DS, ever since I was a kid gaming on the go was almost a necessity 😆, true you are not going to get the same experience as a console (its now possible with the Switch). With handheld consoles I opted more for turned based RPGs or side scrollers.

I think if in near future some of the tablet and the phone manufacturers make it purely for the gaming. I'd say that would be lot better deal. Because we dont need those big consoles anymore from what I have seen. 

1 minute ago, skyfire said:

I think if in near future some of the tablet and the phone manufacturers make it purely for the gaming. I'd say that would be lot better deal. Because we dont need those big consoles anymore from what I have seen. 

With the latest moves in the industry like the whole fragmentation of the PC playerbase with the EGS and Steam?.. I think console gaming will rise once more.

3 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Remember that time I had a 3DS with no games on it?

Good times.

Lol, That sounds like me - I have a Nintendo 3ds at home here - never touched or anything. I bought it for my cousin's birthday and he didn't even want it.

I was never really able to get into Game Gear. No disrespect to Sega. It was leaps and bounds ahead of Game Boy at the time. But it was just never my thing. I was just a Nintendo kid growing up. Nintendo is still my favorite game company to this day.

As a kid growing up, I had many devices such as the original Gameboy, Gameboy Color, GBA and PS Vita and I used to play them a lot. However, I have outgrown my love of handheld consoles for the most part (except the Nintendo Switch) because I have a Nintendo 3Ds sitting here at home and only took it out of the box to check if it still functions.