Register Now
kingpotato

Getting into Soul games

So I have some 20 dollars to spare for this weekend and I'm thinking about getting a Soul game my options Dark Souls 1,2, 3, Bloodborne (except Sekiro thats still to expensive 😆) or Nioh which its not made by From Software but I heard it plays very similar and its also very difficult.

For those with experience with these games, Which one would you recommend to a noob ? (I'm not planning to purchase another one after the first)

On 5/2/2019 at 2:16 PM, kingpotato said:

So I have some 20 dollars to spare for this weekend and I'm thinking about getting a Soul game my options Dark Souls 1,2, 3, Bloodborne (except Sekiro thats still to expensive 😆) or Nioh which its not made by From Software but I heard it plays very similar and its also very difficult.

For those with experience with these games, Which one would you recommend to a noob ? (I'm not planning to purchase another one after the first)

Difficult to say because I started with the original Dark Souls on the PS3 but for me, Bloodborne was a tad easier to get into than the rest because I survived half the game without dying once - Its difficulty is comparable to older games but the learning curve doesn't feel quite as steep. The only thing I can say about Dark Souls is that you have to be prepared for anything. You can go from fighting a 7 headed Dragon to fighting mosquitos in a swamp to another completely random setting.

Edited by killamch89

On 5/5/2019 at 2:00 PM, killamch89 said:

Difficult to say because I started with the original Dark Souls on the PS3 but for me, Bloodborne was a tad easier to get into than the rest because I survived half the game without dying once - Its difficulty is comparable to older games but the learning curve doesn't feel quite as steep. The only thing I can say about Dark Souls is that you have to be prepared for anything. You can go from fighting a 7 headed Dragon to fighting mosquitos in a swamp to another completely random setting.

I might go for Blooborne 😁 I heard Dark souls 3 was the easiest of the trilogy.

3 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Don't forget there's also Demon's Souls.

I always wondered, what is the difference between Dark souls and Demon Souls ? I know that Demon Souls came first but by looking at the screenshots of the game they both look the same to me.

20 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I always wondered, what is the difference between Dark souls and Demon Souls ? I know that Demon Souls came first but by looking at the screenshots of the game they both look the same to me.

I'm not an expert on this, since I failed utterly to get into the series, but my understanding is that Demon's Souls is considered the first installment in the series, even though the first Dark Souls game is called a "spiritual successor to it." So it goes Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, etc. 

On 5/12/2019 at 12:07 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I'm not an expert on this, since I failed utterly to get into the series, but my understanding is that Demon's Souls is considered the first installment in the series, even though the first Dark Souls game is called a "spiritual successor to it." So it goes Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, etc. 

Oh okay so basically they are not related story wise or not in the same universe , just the similar mechanics, is that correct ?