Register Now
Jayson

Dark Gaming Themes

Most gaming sites seem to be dark.  In fact, most seem to be black.  Well, this site is blue.  Anyway, what do you prefer for a gaming site (forum or blog)?  

O.K. who owns a gaming site?  

Just now, The Blackangel said:

I'm extremely photosensitive, so the darker a site is, the easier it is on my eyes. I actually wear sunglasses in the house. So there are almost never lights on. It does help with the power bill though.

I like dark for all my websites, including business.   Anyway, even though I like it, I wouldn't always use it, though.  I mean, sometimes I want to be different - and I think dark is bad for my religious forum.

I think an option of light or dark is good for any forum.  However, which to make the default?

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I did what you could call a religious forum once. The color scheme was black red and silver/gray. It went pretty well, until I took down the site and sold the domain.

Well, dark would work just as well - but it seems "too gothic" for what I am trying to across.  But it's all subjective anyway.

If it's not a left hand path religion, then it most likely would seem too gothic. But to each their own. If you have the option in your admin screen you should set up a dark theme as an option for those that are photosensitive, or those that just prefer it.

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

If it's not a left hand path religion, then it most likely would seem too gothic. But to each their own. If you have the option in your admin screen you should set up a dark theme as an option for those that are photosensitive, or those that just prefer it.

Always - mobile and tablet compatibility is a must!   Everyone is on them now - so I think the more "compatible" the better.

I honestly prefer white but often white themes are easy to become less readable if wrong font is being used. Dark themes are good depending on the type of content being shared. Reading in dark theme is harder in the day time but easy at the night time. 

I think as far as I have seen the dark is not the color of professional look. In fact white and blue are considered as professional. Dark is more chaotic color to be honest. No company shows its branding in dark color obviously only the chaotic and gaming brands do that. 

On 5/7/2019 at 7:21 PM, skyfire said:

I think as far as I have seen the dark is not the color of professional look. In fact white and blue are considered as professional. Dark is more chaotic color to be honest. No company shows its branding in dark color obviously only the chaotic and gaming brands do that. 

Rival Gaming is set on default at white theme. I think that it's the only gaming forum that I have seen to have white theme as it default theme. Members can decide to switch to dark theme if they want. 

I don't know why this was ever considered a "General Gaming" topic, but I'll move it now anyway.

Dark colour schemes may not be as striking, but they're easier on the eyes, so like others have said I prefer them.

My eyes pains me especially and the light shines much on my eyes. Here on my phone the light is reduced extremely low in order to allow me look closely to my device for some time. If it doesn't get reduced, then I wouldn't last being online.