Register Now
Jayson

Health Problems and Gaming

When I was a kid I used to do 2 different physical activities that kept me really fit. I was a snowboarder and I was really good at break dancing. I competed a few times in snowboarding competitions. I never took first (3rd & 6th respectively) but had a lot of fun. Break dancing was every weekend for a while. It was fun, but I ended up with a sprained neck one night. I tried to hit 5 spins invert. I made it, but all my weight in my neck and on my head sprained it. So I was out of commission on that for a while. But now with adult onset MD, my snowboarding and dancing days are over. I spend my time in a wheelchair now.

I think too much of gaming or anything does have an impact on health. For example, the health issue for those who use too much mobile is also one serious problem. One has to handle digital wellness properly. These days many colleges and schools are handling the session on digital wellness. 

For most people, doing a 1 hour workout 3-4 days a week is plenty. You don't need to make it a massive time commitment. And heck, just doing a few simple routines when you wake up every morning can be enough. And walking instead of taking transport makes a difference too.

I think the biggest culprit is our diets though...

11 hours ago, Bravosi said:

I think it's easy to solve problems caused by gaming rather than alcohol or drugs etc.

True. I mean, at least once you stop sitting on the couch 12 hours a day, life should more or less go on. With the alcohol or drugs, you may be battling addiction on a physiological level with withdrawal, etc. And in some cases, long term major health consequences.

13 hours ago, Bravosi said:

I think it's easy to solve problems caused by gaming rather than alcohol or drugs etc.

Addiction with gaming can be brutal though. There are some rehabilitation camps that are reporting how some people got into debt due to gaming and acquired other addiction and health issues. So I won't write off gaming as any less serious. 

I think the vast majority understand the harm of modern lifestyle and how important exercising is. But not many really "get" it. I started working out regularly only after I've put so much weight I started having minor heart problems. Only after that I got it "Oh, crap, if I carry on like that, it'll get even worse and I won't be even able to walk without dripping sweat."

People "get" it late.

7 hours ago, indiecitizen said:

i meet some spine problems cuz of my all days on my desktop.

it's really important to have a workout routine, or for sure 100%, you ll meet spine problems too.

I agree almost every gamer, developers, writers these days have developed the spine problem. And exercise and walking is a must in such case.