Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
kingpotato

Do you have a collection?

Recommended Posts

Do you have a collection ? (other than videogames😁) Whats you collection about ?

Unwittingly I have a collection of hundreds and hundreds of DVDs I purchased over the years. They take a loot of space and dont even see them anymore aside from the occasional kid movie for my niece. Other than that I only have small collection of book series, I never really got into collecting figures or other types of merchandise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are talking about porn collections - I don't have any of those(funny enough, I knew a guy who admitted he had a 3Tb hard drive filled with nothing but porn lol). I used to have somewhat of a Gundam figure collection but moving really destroyed that. I still have my Gray Fox action figure from when I was a child.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I collect 2 things. Zippos and skulls. I currently have over 60 Zippos and somewhere between 25-30 skulls. I haven't counted recently so I'm not sure the exact number. My biggest skull is a toss up between my zebra and buffalo. I'm honestly not sure which is bigger. If I had had a few grand to burn at last year's RenFest, I would also be the proud owner of a hippo skull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda-sorta have a LEGO Mindstorms collection, but most of the electronics are unusable to me at present; all I can actually use are NXT sensors and motors, and anything from EV3.

Beyond LEGO stuff, electronic or otherwise, I also have a small collection of Transformers action figures. Got a handful of puzzles, too; a pair of 3x3x3 puzzle cubes – one of them an actual Rubik's Cube brand cube – a 2x2x2 puzzle cube, a skewb, a pyraminx, and a Fifteen Puzzle.

I was also trying to build up an armory's worth of NERF blasters, but that's a really expensive hobby to maintain, so I ultimately decided against it. YuGiOh! deckbuilding is almost as bad, but at least I have better odds of getting some use out of YuGiOh! cards than the NERF blasters I have beyond some plinking around at random places in my house and occasionally having a shootout with my brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 8:09 PM, killamch89 said:

If you are talking about porn collections - I don't have any of those(funny enough, I knew a guy who admitted he had a 3Tb hard drive filled with nothing but porn lol). I used to have somewhat of a Gundam figure collection but moving really destroyed that. I still have my Gray Fox action figure from when I was a child.

Dude I was most definitively NOT talking about porn , and who needs 3TB of porn WTF 😆
 

On 5/3/2019 at 8:22 PM, The Blackangel said:

I collect 2 things. Zippos and skulls. I currently have over 60 Zippos and somewhere between 25-30 skulls. I haven't counted recently so I'm not sure the exact number. My biggest skull is a toss up between my zebra and buffalo. I'm honestly not sure which is bigger. If I had had a few grand to burn at last year's RenFest, I would also be the proud owner of a hippo skull.

I also wanted to collect Zippos , but I quit smoking a few years ago so I dont have a reason to use them unless I use them to turn on the stove.

On 5/13/2019 at 6:18 AM, Executor Akamia said:

I kinda-sorta have a LEGO Mindstorms collection, but most of the electronics are unusable to me at present; all I can actually use are NXT sensors and motors, and anything from EV3.

Beyond LEGO stuff, electronic or otherwise, I also have a small collection of Transformers action figures. Got a handful of puzzles, too; a pair of 3x3x3 puzzle cubes – one of them an actual Rubik's Cube brand cube – a 2x2x2 puzzle cube, a skewb, a pyraminx, and a Fifteen Puzzle.

I was also trying to build up an armory's worth of NERF blasters, but that's a really expensive hobby to maintain, so I ultimately decided against it. YuGiOh! deckbuilding is almost as bad, but at least I have better odds of getting some use out of YuGiOh! cards than the NERF blasters I have beyond some plinking around at random places in my house and occasionally having a shootout with my brother.


Oh dude I remember the Lego mindstorms, I used to have that robot that looked like Wall-E and that you could also re-arrange him into a scorpion among other things. Yeah Yugioh cards can also be expensive, I dont collect them anymore but my little brothers in law still do and each big pack or metal case can go around the 20 dollar price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Oh dude I remember the Lego mindstorms, I used to have that robot that looked like Wall-E and that you could also re-arrange him into a scorpion among other things. Yeah Yugioh cards can also be expensive, I dont collect them anymore but my little brothers in law still do and each big pack or metal case can go around the 20 dollar price.

Well, that’s the beauty of Mindstorms, and LEGO toys in general; if you’re creative enough, you can build just about anything you want. I for one have ambitions to one day build a functional Protoss Dragoon from StarCraft out of it.

As for YuGiOh!, I’m mostly interested in getting specific cards for my decks. I’ve got a Code Talker archetype deck planned out, but most of the cards I need to make it work aren’t available outside Japan yet; the majority of them come out of the Master Link structure deck, and one of them comes from an issue of V-JUMP magazine. I doubt that last one is getting an international release, but I can hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I also wanted to collect Zippos , but I quit smoking a few years ago so I dont have a reason to use them unless I use them to turn on the stove.

I've never been a smoker, I just always liked Zippos. You don't have to be one thing to like another thing. All of my Zippos are in the original box with the factory seal intact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've never been a smoker, I just always liked Zippos. You don't have to be one thing to like another thing. All of my Zippos are in the original box with the factory seal intact.

Well yeah but is keeping them in a box or unused what I dont like, I guess I rather use them somehow, but anyways I might get one or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Executor Akamia said:

Well, that’s the beauty of Mindstorms, and LEGO toys in general; if you’re creative enough, you can build just about anything you want. I for one have ambitions to one day build a functional Protoss Dragoon from StarCraft out of it.

As for YuGiOh!, I’m mostly interested in getting specific cards for my decks. I’ve got a Code Talker archetype deck planned out, but most of the cards I need to make it work aren’t available outside Japan yet; the majority of them come out of the Master Link structure deck, and one of them comes from an issue of V-JUMP magazine. I doubt that last one is getting an international release, but I can hope.

Thats the problem with Yugioh cards, they are not that popular in the west anymore, at least not like before, so some of the best cards can only be found on Japan or ebay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...