Register Now
kingpotato

Games that didnt aged well ?

It’s not really fair to compare Atari games to current game standards. The technological limitations back then couldn’t envision ever having graphics, story, or complexity that we have now. They were pretty much just block and dot matrix. Now however games are damn near lifelike in all those areas and more.

On 8/8/2019 at 9:48 AM, DylanC said:

Some early 3D games haven’t aged particularly well, like Tomb Raider 1 for example. 2D games tend to stand the test of time and age better.

True, except some N64 games like Super Mario 64 and Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora Mask, I feel that those games havent aged that bad. But yeah looking back most of the early 3d games are very bad nowadays, one good example will be Golden Eye 64.

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think from my observation DOOM aged pretty well but the GTA is still there not much evolving in terms of the setup. It feels a bit same over and over. 

I will say that GTA V is aging very well, but GTA 3 on the other hand didt agent that well and not because of the graphics, the gameplay itself is kinda clunky.