Register Now
killamch89

Bioware Moves Lead Devs From Anthem To Dragon Age 4

On 10/1/2019 at 10:01 PM, kingpotato said:

Yeah Anthem is basically over, is not even worth it to spend more dollars into this game, focusing on Dragon age is actually a smart move.

I'm worried that Dragon Age will be just as terrible as Anthem because EA more or less confirmed Dragon Age is going to be a live-service game (hasn't anyone of these companies learned from the failure of most of these types of games). Knowing EA they'll fill with microtransactions for pretty much every aspect of the game.

Yeah saw it coming. Anthem has been left in the dust like an abandoned baby since launch. And it's sad cause people like me who genuinely loved the game get robbed of the chance to see what more content they had in store.

Edited by Alyxx

45 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

Yeah saw it coming. Anthem has been left in the dust like an abandoned baby since launch. And it's sad cause people like me who genuinely loved the game get robbed of the chance to see what more content they had in store.

Good thing I waited until at least a couple weeks after a game launches before I even consider buying a game. I also learned from the whole Star Wars Battlefront 2 fiasco so I know to give any EA title at least 2 months because they'll start to ruin the game within that timeframe.

Just now, killamch89 said:

Good thing I waited until at least a couple weeks after a game launches before I even consider buying a game. I also learned from the whole Star Wars Battlefront 2 fiasco so I know to give any EA title at least 2 months because they'll start to ruin the game within that timeframe.

In this case the game was already ruined and promised to be fixed and expanded upon, which they never did.

5 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

In this case the game was already ruined and promised to be fixed and expanded upon, which they never did.

My case exactly - If they botch the Dragon Age 4 launch they'll do the same thing and leave the game in its unfixed state. You learn to expect this from EA.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm surprised Bioware still exists (in name only but regardless...) knowing how EA loves to shut down poorly performing studios.

Same. I'm surprised as well. And given the working conditions at BioWare atm I'm kinda hoping they'll pull the plug...

18 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Same. I'm surprised as well. And given the working conditions at BioWare atm I'm kinda hoping they'll pull the plug...

Bioware reminds me of someone who is in a vegetative state and instead of pulling the plug so that their suffering can end, they just continue to let that person live.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Bioware reminds me of someone who is in a vegetative state and instead of pulling the plug so that their suffering can end, they just continue to let that person live.

Life support is a good analogy yeah.