Register Now
Aerielle del Rosario

Possible Gaming Trends This Year?

On 5/6/2019 at 3:42 AM, Bravosi said:

I actually don't really follow trends, as I dislike the latest one's. 😕

I dislike battle-royale games as well because they are so unoriginal for the most part. Fortnite at least adds some ridiculous gaming feature such as airplanes but most of the rest are straight copy and paste. As for trends this year, It seems to be unfinished games with patches to fix the game after release - just look at Fallout 76 and Anthem.

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

I have noticed that there are some of the titles like say in RPG or so are now featuring the co op mode and also tournaments of some sort. It is kind of interesting to see RPG coming back. 

I welcome this shift away from the battle royale games because most of them are more or less clones of each other. I also notice a lot of remakes are being released and I also welcome them. However, I hope the companies don't overdo it.

I think this year we have seen the trend of the esports getting more stronger. People just don't stream into solo players anymore and instead they watch the tournaments and also follow particular battles of games. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think this year we have seen the trend of the esports getting more stronger. People just don't stream into solo players anymore and instead they watch the tournaments and also follow particular battles of games. 

Esports does seem to growing pretty quickly this year and is finally gaining a lot of mainstream publicity. If I were to be honest, I never thought it would gain this much traction just a few years ago when it first appeared.

On 7/1/2019 at 6:44 AM, killamch89 said:

I'll gladly take this over any of the battle-royale trend - I wish it would disappear from existence.

I actually like Battle royale, I only like apex legends and cod blackout but I dont think the trend is bad , its just over-exploited. I did used to not like battle royale but that was a time when the only popular ones where Fortnite and PUBG, after cod blackout and apex legends arrived I started to enjoy the genre. 

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I actually like Battle royale, I only like apex legends and cod blackout but I dont think the trend is bad , its just over-exploited. I did used to not like battle royale but that was a time when the only popular ones where Fortnite and PUBG, after cod blackout and apex legends arrived I started to enjoy the genre. 

The game mode itself isn't what bothers me - it's all the microtransaction systems that comes along with these games that really grinds my gears.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

The game mode itself isn't what bothers me - it's all the microtransaction systems that comes along with these games that really grinds my gears.

The microtransaction system already existed before battle royale and its not exclusive to battle royale, hell microtransactions are in Read Dead 2 which is considered one of the greatest games of last year.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

The microtransaction system already existed before battle royale and its not exclusive to battle royale, hell microtransactions are in Read Dead 2 which is considered one of the greatest games of last year.

I know the online component has micro-transactions and that was the same with GTA online but it is the fact that you're basically forced to by season passes and upgrades in-game to enjoy the game.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:47 PM, killamch89 said:

Esports does seem to growing pretty quickly this year and is finally gaining a lot of mainstream publicity. If I were to be honest, I never thought it would gain this much traction just a few years ago when it first appeared.

I see a lot of development on that game industry faction. I mean it feels like they are making it as good as some sort of outdoor sport. It's a good thing about gaming industry getting that much financially developed.