Register Now
StaceyPowers

No Man’s Sky – How Has It Improved?

I’ve heard a lot about No Man’s Sky since its release. I remember that it got so much flak when it first came out, but now a lot of people say that it’s really good, and that the devs did a great job ironing out its problems.

I suspect that at least a part of the game’s recovery has to do with perception. The initial disappointment after the absurdly high hype had a chance to die down, and the game’s staying power became clear since it did have quality, even when it came out. People were just overlooking it because of its faults.

But I’m assuming that there have been some solid objective improvements made as well. But I’ve never heard what they actually are. I am hoping someone can tell me how the game has gotten better over time.

@SpaceExplorer

Many gaming news sites overhyped the game and people overlooked all the good features of it because a lot of promised features weren't in the game at its release. It was still very playable.

Off the top of my head, I can name a few features that devs made: Permadeath game mode, third-person view, character customization, new planetary and underwater biomes, underwater buildings and wrecks, new creatures, ability to own multiple ships, ship classes (fighter, explorer, etc.), new customizations and base building parts, 30 or so hours of story content, new shops and traders in space stations, NPC guilds... I'm sure somebody would be able to add some stuff to this.

They are also adding the VR support which might draw more people as I'm sure the game will look stunning in VR. Not to mention that they even improved it visually, and it looked great when it came out.

I think let's talk about the original release. In terms of graphics, and the plot where you assume how planets are going to be and how creatures are going to be. The development team managed to put together those pieces perfectly in my views.