Register Now
Kaynil

MS Solitaire is part of the World Video Game Hall of Fame

So this was some kind of curious news that reached me so I thought it would be fun to share.

In their own words, this is the criteria for a game to make it as an inductee:

The World Video Game Hall of Fame® at The Strong recognizes individual electronic games of all types—arcade, console, computer, handheld, and mobile—that have enjoyed popularity over a sustained period and have exerted influence on the video game industry or on popular culture and society in general. 

And even though MS didn't create the concept of Solitaire, their reach is undeniable, ever since Windows 3.0 it has been included in the next windows versions. At the time it was a great tool to familiarize people with the mouse, but it grew to become part of the culture, often used in reception and office jokes for procrastination.

You can check it out yourself through World Video Game Hall of Fame website, and you can find it right in their banner. 

What do you think? Is this game well suited to be considered part of the World Video Game Hall of Fame?

I am sure many people have also played the minesweeper and the person who has survived playing it is rare to find. I think that game is pretty dope and should be in hall of the fame as well. Apart from the minesweeper, there was also the pool that was included in some linux box which should be hall of game. 

Everyone has played Solitaire at some point and even though it might not be the most fun game to play, it certainly helped to pass the time. Another game I think should make the hall of fame if it hasn't already is Pinball. We used to have competitions to see who could rack up the highest score. It was such a simple game but could easily provide hours of entertainment.